Undergraduate offer holdersWith a range of events and opportunities, we support you before you join LSBU, as well as when you’re here
Offer holder events
Congratulations on your offer to study with LSBU Business School! As an offer holder, you are invited to exclusive events with lecturers, university staff and students. These are a brilliant opportunity to find out why LSBU Business School is right for you, and to meet our inspiring team.
Opportunities for LSBU Business School students
There are so many opportunities for you to take advantage of at LSBU. Whether it's directly related to your subject, or a general interest you have, there are so many ways you can try new things, meet new people, and make the most of your time at university. Some of the opportunities within the Business School open to you are:
- Free language classes to all – pick from Spanish to Italian and even mandarin, a new language will prepare you for the global world of business.
- Business Solutions Centre - Students of the LSBU Business School provide consultancy services and support to local businesses. A great learning opportunity to enhance your CV and employability.
- Mentoring and Coaching is integrated into our teaching, to support both your professional and personal development. Our personal mentors are devoted to student happiness and go the extra mile.
- IoD membership (a competitive but development opportunity application process) - LSBU students and the IoD organise a number of development and networking opportunities, along with having a student award available for LSBU students to apply for.
- Internship opportunities in many of our courses – gain work-based experience to enhance your employability
- NIBS – the Network of International Business Schools Competition is a fantastic opportunity to network with peers, challenge your business acumen, apply your theoretical learning and travel to amazing places. With the competition taking place in a different country each year, in the past LSBU students have travelled to Canada, Finland, Guatemala and Germany to participate.
- University Business Challenge – Each year we enter a number of teams into the world’s longest standing undergraduate simulation-based competition designed to develop employability and enterprise skills.
- Hackathons – an electrifying event that challenges your presentation, problem-solving and team-working skills in a timed environment to solve a business case problem.
- Leadership Book Club – an informal opportunity to meet friends and peers but to also focus on books that will develop your professional skills and hone your understanding of the business world.
- Research Today! seminars – an event series organised by our director of research, focusing on leading research by our academic team, along with regular guests delivering insight and providing opportunities for stimulating discussions on academic research relevant to our society today.
- Professional accreditation across most courses – including ACCA; ICAEW; CIMA; IFA; AAT ;CIPD; CMI; CIM; Prince2; IOEE. Our accreditations truly reflect the quality of our courses and how they’re recognised by industry standards for the 21st century.
- Full access to professional bodies' teaching and supports materials such as the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
- Accounting, Finance and Economics students have access to and training on Bloomberg terminals in the new Business School Bloomberg Suite.
Speak to our current students
If you'd like to talk to our current students to find out how they enjoy LSBU, and ways they've got involved in LSBU life, please do get in touch with them via UniBuddy.
If you'd like to find out more about accommodation options, finance, key dates for the university academic year and the support available to you at: