Professional accreditationOfficial endorsements help to accelerate your career progression
LSBU Business School's support for small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) has been recognised by the Small Business Charter.
Supporting growing businesses
LSBU Business School's support for small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) has been recognised by the Small Business Charter, who have presented us with a Bronze Award.
- The Small Business Charter awards recognise business schools which actively support the growth of small firms, provide students with tailored start-up support and which engage with a broad base of stakeholders to drive forward the growth agenda. The awards, determined by a team of academic, small business and enterprise education assessors, also create a framework for business schools to provide small businesses with nationally recognised programmes of expert advice and training to help their business grow.
Recognition as a leading-edge, global organisation
LSBU Business School has been awarded the status of Centre of Excellence by the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurship (IoEE).
Centre of Excellence status is the IoEE’s flagship organisational accreditation for organisations that promote and deliver enterprise skills development – and is in recognition of the School’s entrepreneurial culture and leading-edge practice. Read more about IoEE student membership benefits.
The value of accredited qualifications
Many employers actively seek graduates holding accredited degrees, plus accreditations are a mark of quality assurance and professional relevance. That's why it's highly relevant that all of our degrees are accredited or developed in partnership with all the leading professional accrediting bodies. This professional recognition means employers actively seek graduates holding accredited degrees from us.
We are proud to have links with many professional bodies such as the ACCA, CMI and CIMA.
Accrediting professional bodies
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is the world's largest professional body of management accountants. As a CIMA student or member, you show employers that you have a commitment to uphold the highest ethical and professional standards. CIMA's ongoing professional development also keeps your qualification relevant.
- The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is an accredited professional institution for management based in the United Kingdom. London South Bank University is the CMI's leading University of Choice which is a sign of our long standing relationship with them.
- The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) is a leading marketing members' organisation. It focuses on personal career development within the field of marketing as one of its core strengths.
- Is a global professional body for chartered accountants, we ensure all our chartered accountants have the knowledge and values to help build local and global economies that are sustainable, accountable and fair. There are more than 1.8m chartered accountants and students around the world and 189,500 of them are members and students of ICAEW. They are talented, ethical and committed professionals. ICAEW is part of Chartered Accountants Worldwide, a global network of 750,000 members across 190 countries, which promotes the expertise and skills of chartered accountants on a global basis.
- The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is the world's largest Chartered HR and development professional body. It supports and develops its 135,000 members, who are responsible for managing and developing people.
- Founded in 1904, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is the global professional accounting body offering the Chartered Certified Accountant qualification (ACCA). It has 233,000 members and 536,000 future members worldwide. ACCA's headquarters are in London but it has 233,000 members and 536,000 future members worldwide. It is a truly global qualification which will provide you with opportunities to connect, progress and make an impact.
- Established in 1916, the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA) is an internationally recognised professional accountancy membership body. They are a full member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) the global accounting standard-setter and regulator. The IFA is part of the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) Group, the world’s largest SME-focused accountancy group, with more than 49,000 members and students in 100 countries. Their members work within micro and small- to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) or in micro and small- to medium-sized accounting practices (SMPs) advising micro and SME clients.