FacilitiesThe new LSBU Business School building was opened in Spring/Summer 2019
The new LSBU Business School building has allowed for all facilities for economics, accounting, marketing, management and business students to be in one place. The new look Business School opened in September 2019 to all Business School staff, undergraduate and postgraduate Business students.
For the first time ever, our academics, support staff, students and entrepreneurs will be working side by side in our very own state of the art community space within which we can work, study and socialise together.
Sarah Moore-Williams, Dean of LSBU Business School
Read the full redevelopment story.
- The new Bloomberg Suite is available for Economics, Accounting and Finance students to use and for training. Bloomberg is used by professionals in finance and other industries to monitor and analyse real-time financial market data and place trades on an electronic trading platform. The system also provides news, price quotes and messaging across its proprietary secure network. Most large financial firms have subscriptions to this service.
- SPSS software is an industry-strength software package for the statistical analysis of data. It is used by market researchers, health researchers, survey companies, government, education researchers, marketing organisations and academia.
- NVIVO software is a qualitative data analysis (QDA) computer software package designed for qualitative researchers working with very rich text-based and/or multimedia information, where deep levels of analysis on small or large volumes of data is required. It is used widely in academia and industry.
- SAGE is the UK's most widely used business accounts software so you will be ready for accounting in the real world.
- FAME provides comprehensive financial accounting information on companies in the UK and Ireland. It is often used to research individual companies, search for companies with specific profiles and for analysis.
- The Clarence Centre for Enterprise and Innovation is available to all our students. It offers facilities for workshops, presentations and meetings, as well as business advice and mentoring. It is also a permanent home to the University's Enterprise and Central Research Teams.
- The Business Solutions Centre is a free drop-in service for local businesses run by a trained team of student advisors and University professional and academic staff to help with business advise such as; small business accounting, marketing, social media and IT solutions.
As the building is completely flat, has two lifts and a flexible layout for classes, it is completely accessible for all students.