Professional accreditationAll of our courses are accredited or developed alongside the industry's leading professional bodies and major institutions
Many employers actively seek graduates holding accredited degrees as they are a mark of quality assurance and professional relevance. Professional bodies are also an exceptional learning resource for students and membership can offer an invaluable professional network for career development.
Accrediting professional bodies
- The Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) is a global, non-profit scientific society of professionals working in all disciplines of the food system. Since 1939, IFT has been unlocking the potential of the food science community by creating a dynamic forum for transforming scientific knowledge into innovative solutions throughout the global food chain. Through the International Food Science Certification Commission (IFSCC), IFT offers the Certified Food Scientist credential, a certification developed consistent with ISO/IEC 17024 standard principles.
- The The Forensic Science Society is an international professional body with members in over 60 countries. Our BSc (Hons) Forensic Science is the first undergraduate degree in London to gain this accreditation.
- The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) is the independent public register which recognises the qualifications and expertise of exercise and fitness professionals in the UK. A key function is to provide regulation for instructors and trainers to ensure they meet the health and fitness industry's agreed national occupational standards.
- The British Psychological Society (BPS) is the representative body for psychology and psychologists in the UK. They are responsible for the development, promotion and application of psychology for the public good.
- The Federation of Drug & Alcohol Professionals (FDAP) is the professional body for the substance use field and works to help improve standards of practice across the sector.