Updated 6 April 2022
Your safety on campus is our top priority
Whether you’re coming to LSBU for the first time or returning to your teaching and learning, we know you’ll have questions about what your campus experience will be like. That’s why we’ve put together some useful information to give you the assurance you need that LSBU is well-prepared to welcome you safely to campus.
- We strongly encourage our staff and students to get vaccinated. All adults aged 18 or over can get vaccinated against Covid-19 - book an appointment by phoning 119 or via the web link.
- We’re teaching in-person, on-campus at Southwark, Havering and Croydon - some courses may supplement this with online learning and online resources as well
- Our halls of residence are open as normal
- You’ll have full access to the library, student services, the LSBU Active gym and everything else that makes for a rich and rewarding student experience
For your safety...
The Government have announced their ‘living with Covid plans’ for England. At LSBU, we will continue to operate in line with Government guidelines and the following will apply across our campuses.
- From 1 April, unless you work in the NHS, social care, are having an operation/hospital procedure, or have a very specific medical condition, you can no longer get free lateral flow tests. Some pharmacies are offering paid-for tests. You can find out more on the Government website. Get vaccinated – book an appointment by phoning 119 or via the NHS website.
- Continue to wash your hands and use the sanitisation stations across campus regularly.
- There’s no longer a legal requirement to self-isolate if you have Covid – instead, you should follow the guidance the Government have produced for people with Covid and their close contacts. However, the NHS advise that you should still stay at home and avoid contact with other people. If you feel unwell, make sure to report your absence properly.
- If you do get a positive Covid test or have any queries, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whilst not mandatory, we still recommend you wear a face covering in crowded areas. We respect the personal decision to continue to wear a mask if you wish and ask you to be respectful of others who decide to do so.
- We are keeping windows open in busy spaces
- Screens are in use on service desks and receptions
- We have an enhanced cleaning regime across campus
We've listened to student feedback and learned a lot about different ways of delivering our teaching over the past 12 months.
All our students are timetabled to be on campus for face-to-face teaching. This is our plan for all new students joining us too. You will be expected to attend campus for your timetabled activities, as anything that is scheduled for on-campus won’t be available remotely.
However, students told us that having additional online materials to support their learning is a real benefit and very useful. Therefore, we'll continue to have additional materials available online for students, to supplement and enhance timetabled on-campus activities.
Studying at LSBU has been a character building experience. It has been challenging, a good challenge that has developed me in more ways than I was expecting. It has been rewarding as well.Nabachwa Claire Luyimbo-Lule, BSc Occupational Therapy
We will continue to follow Government advice. The above information is correct as of 17 March 2022.
We will keep you updated if anything changes.
Accommodation and social life
Discover how we're adjusting our accommodation services
How we’ll support you to succeed
We want to make sure that you receive a high-quality experience
Information for International applicants (Covid-19)
We have a busy programme to help you settle in
In this section
- Course finder
- Explore our subjects
- Open Days
- Clearing is open
- Accommodation and social life
- How we’ll support you to succeed
- Information for International applicants (Covid-19)
- Keeping everyone Covid safe
- Our Schools
- Student Contract
- Croydon Campus
- Information for schools and colleges
- Course Specifications
- Why choose LSBU?