This intensive 6-day course offers candidates a fantastic opportunity to gain an ITEC accredited Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage. This qualification is widely recognised and will enable individuals to practise independently as a Sports Massage Therapist. It is widely recognised as a robust and very well respected qualification which arms candidates with the necessary skills to work in a professional sporting arena or in private practice from the moment they qualify.
Individuals who have qualified through ProActive Training have gone on to pursue careers on a sporting platform including positions with Arsenal FC, Charlton Athletic FC, Aston Villa FC, Middlesbrough FC, USA Track and Field, Middlesbrough FC, Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Association, London Triathlon, Harlequins RFC and many more.
The qualification also enables students to work in private practice as a Sports Massage Therapist with up to £1million insurance and many of our students have gone on to start their own practice and have grown very successful businesses. The course will enable students to work in private practice as a Sports Massage Therapist for up to £1 million of insurance from the moment they qualify.
The qualification is internationally recognised allowing students the freedom to work in countries across the globe.
All our courses are taught by practising Physiotherapists or Osteopaths who are also qualified Sports Massage Therapists with years of industry experience. This level of tuition and expertise is unmatched by other training providers and our 98% first-time pass rate is testament to this high calibre of teaching.
We aim to keep to tuition as hands-on as possible covering over 35 sporting injuries, including the following areas:
- All massage techniques, including deep friction
- Muscle Energy Techniques (MET’s)
- Joint mobilisation techniques
- Myofascial release techniques
- PNF stretching
- Soft Tissue Release (STR)
- Orthopaedic testing
- Trigger pointing/Neuromuscular techniques
- Passive stretching
- Extensive rehabilitation and exercise prescription
- Pre and post event massage
London South Bank University student union is located at 103 Borough Rd, London SE1 0AA.
If you are visiting our Southwark Campus, you may wish to use our downloadable campus map (PNG File 466 KB). For information on accessibility, see our DisabledGo access guides. See our location page for more details.
Register your interest
Entry Level Requirements
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Sport Scientists, Strength and Conditioning Coaches and qualified Fitness Professionals are all eligible to apply.
- You will need a friendly mature attitude, good communication skills and take pride in your personal appearance.
- You must be 100% committed to the course duration.
Choose your country
Select country here:
If you have already completed some studies at another university, we may be able to consider you for advanced entry. Please see our advanced entry page for more information.
The course cost is £550.
Please apply directly through the ProActive Training.
8 April 2019
9 April 2019
10 April 2019
11 April 2019
12 April 2019
13 April 2019
Prepare to start
All participants will be given details about the course prior to attending, including; the time, location and course structure of the day.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- Free employability workshop and events for student all year round, more details can be found on our event section.
- Online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- LSBU Careers Hub offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and support, guidance on future careers, as well as loads of career resources, connecting you with employers, exciting events, 1-1 support and relevant workshops.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
Teaching and Assessment
The courses is taught through classroom delivery and practical demonstrations. You'll practice on fellow course participants and complete home study and work packs, a work log, a practical assessment and one written assessment paper.