MSc MarketingSouthwark Campus
Corner the market
How do managers make the decisions that grow their brands? And how are those decisions affected by changing economic space, by new technologies and by competition? Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), this programme is an excellent choice for graduates looking to answer these questions and who desire real success in Marketing.
Why Marketing at LSBU?
- No.1 for satisfaction with teaching in Marketing (Guardian League Table 2018).
- Guest lectures from key figures in industry add a new and modern twist to our teaching.
- Modules accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing, providing exemptions for professional qualifications.
- Develop a ready-to-fund business plan or undertake consultancy as a final year marketing project.
- Build relationships with small and medium enterprises and alumni as part of a unique 'give back' culture.
- Contemporary Marketing, Theories & Concepts
- Cross Cultural Consumer Behaviour
- Creativity Enterprise & Innovation
- Curiosity Creativity & Research
- Corporate Strategy for Marketing
- Marketing Management & Planning
- Research in Action
- Management Consultancy in a Global Environment
- Marketing Dissertation
To reflect your personal interests and develop in specialist areas, you can choose two optional modules from a wide range, including modules offered on other postgraduate business courses; or replace the options with a short, assessed marketing internship to gain hands-on experience.
Successful graduates have gone on to work in a variety of organisations including multinational and global companies, public sector organisations, charities and start-ups. Many of our alumni work for advertising, brand management and market research agencies. Equally our graduates are successful in client-based companies, including manufacturers and banks.
The program will equip you to work in a range of marketing fields including product and brand management, account management, digital and social media marketing, marketing communications and marketing research.
We are University of the Year for Graduate Employment for the second year in a row - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018, 2019.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
- Dual Award Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM). Graduates of MA Marketing wishing to undertake CIM professional qualifications in the future will qualify for entry to the Professional Diploma in marketing, gaining exemptions from half of the diploma modules if entered within two years of graduating.
- Centre of Excellence status is the IoEE’s (Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs) flagship organisational accreditation for organisations that promote and deliver enterprise skills development – and is in recognition of the School’s entrepreneurial culture and leading-edge practice.
- Bachelor degree equivalent to UK Second Class Honours Lower Division.
- We welcome qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.5.
How to apply
International (non Home/EU) applicants should follow our international how to apply guide.
|Mode||Duration||Start date||Application code||Application method|
Postgraduate students and research students should apply through our dedicated application system. Full details of how to do this are supplied on our How to apply section for postgraduate students and our How to apply section for research students.
Students should apply for accommodation at London South Bank University (LSBU) as soon as possible, once we have made an offer of a place on one of our academic courses. Read more about applying for accommodation at LSBU.
It's a good idea to think about how you'll pay university tuition and maintenance costs while you're still applying for a place to study. Remember – you don't need to wait for a confirmed place on a course to start applying for student finance. Read how to pay your fees as a postgraduate student.
Postgraduate Application Service
Book a session with one of our specialist Postgraduate Advisors. Over a one on one Advice Session they'll advise you on postgraduate degrees at LSBU that match your interests and experience.
Prepare to start
We help our students prepare for university even before the semester starts. To find out when you should apply for your LSBU accommodation or student finance read the How to apply tab for this course.
Before you start your course we’ll send you information on what you’ll need to do before you arrive and during your first few days on campus. You can read about the process on our Enrolment pages.
Fees and funding
Fees are shown for new entrants to courses, for each individual year of a course, together with the total fee for all the years of a course. Continuing LSBU students should refer to the Finance section of our student portal, MyLSBU. Queries regarding fees should be directed to the Fees and Bursaries Team on: +44 (0)20 7815 6181.
Year 1 FT Southwark JAN
|UK/EU fee: £9135||International fee: £13780|
|AOS/LSBU code: 5338||Session code: 1FS00|
Year 1 PT Southwark JAN
|UK/EU fee: £2900||International fee: £4375|
|AOS/LSBU code: 4155||Session code: 1PS01|
|Total course fee:|
|UK/EU fee: £9135||International fee: £13780|
|AOS/LSBU code: 4154||Session code: 1FS00|
|UK/EU fee: £4567.5||International fee: £6890|
|AOS/LSBU code: 4155||Session code: 1PS00|
|Total course fee:|
For more information, including how and when to pay, see our fees and funding section for postgraduate students.
Possible fee changes
The University reserves the right to increase its fees in line with changes to legislation, regulation and any government guidance or decisions.
The fees for international students are reviewed annually and the University reserves the right to increase the tuition fees in line with the RPIX measure of inflation up to 4 per cent.
Postgraduate loan (PGL) for Masters study
If you are starting a Masters course, studying either full- or part-time, you may be entitled to apply for a postgraduate study loan. Find out more at our postgraduate fees and funding section.
We offer several types of fee reduction through our scholarships and bursaries. Find the full list and other useful information on funding your studies on the scholarships and fee discounts page.
Please check your fee status and whether you are considered a Home, EU or International student for fee-paying purposes and for our regulatory returns, by reading the UKCISA regulations.