International Masters Foundation ProgrammeSouthwark Campus
This course is only open to International students from non-EU countries.
This programme is ideal for independent, non-EU students who have completed an undergraduate degree programme and are looking for guaranteed progression (subject to achieving specified to a Master's level degree in the UK.
The Master's Foundation will allow you to improve your English whilst learning the study skills and research methods that you will need during your Master's degree studies.
You will study and live on campus, so that you are part of University life from the start. This includes full use of the all the university's academic, socialand sporting facilities.
Full-time (up to 25 hours per week)
1, 2 or 3 terms
- 28 September 2015
- 11 January 2016
Students study a combination of modules to best prepare them for their chosen Master's degree:
- Research methods, data analysis and project planning, which leads to a research project
- Business modules
- Academic English and study skills
- English classes to prepare for the LSBU English Language exam.
We are University of the Year for Graduate Employment for the second year in a row - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018, 2019.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
Teaching and learning
- 3 terms – from 5.0 IELTS or equivalent, with no single element less than 4.5
- 2 terms – from 5.5 IELTS or equivalent, with no single element less than 5.0
- 1 term – from 6.0 IELTS or equivalent, with no single element less than 5.5
Entry onto the Master's Foundation Programme is subject to meeting the specified entry requirements. Read a full list of country-specific academic entry requirements.
How to apply
Instructions for non UK/EU international applicants
To make your application to study at LSBU please complete the online application below. Once this has been received the Admissions team will be back in touch to support you through the remainder of the process. You will need to make sure you have the relevant documents that are listed on the application form which can help to speed up the process.