New Student Checklist 2021Before you join us there are a few important tasks you’ll need to complete
New undergraduate full-time students and new international students will be invited to enrol on campus, and postgraduate, part-time and returning students will be invited to enrol online.
- You can pre-enrol on our system, change your password and set a security system.
- Task 1: You'll be asked to check and confirm your course, confirm your address, provide some personal data , upload your ID documents, and accept terms and regulations about fees and data protection.
- Task 2: You may be asked to provide additional information regarding your qualifications, where you'll be living and to confirm your membership to the Student Union.
- Task 3: You'll be asked to confirm your fee status (Home, EU or Overseas) and how you intend to pay (scholarship, funding or self-funded)
- Task 4: You'll receive instructions for arrival to campus, how to upload your photo for an ID card, and how to enable your IT account.
Welcome Week is a great series of events between 13-17 September for you to get to know the campus, meet your new classmates and explore clubs and activities you can get involved in as a student. From LSBU essentials for online learning, to joining sports teams and societies, you'll find something you like here. New students at Croydon and Havering will also have activities planned, and if you are an international student still travelling to our country, we'll have online activities for you too!
Induction and Timetabling
Induction for most students will take place the week beginning Monday 13 September 2021, and for most courses, teaching begin 20 September 2021. We'll send you an email with a personalised timetable closer to the date.
We’ve been working hard planning a blend of on-campus and online teaching during the academic year, taking great care to timetable sessions with your safety as the first priority. More details on how we're teaching this September are coming soon.
Academic calendar: LSBU’s academic calendar gives you the key dates of the academic year, including exam weeks, and the start/end dates of each semester.
Access to technology and campus services
Use your MyAccount to browse FAQs to common questions, chat to advisors, book appointments with your support team, and view your disability and mental health and wellbeing information in one place.
With all our systems, you can log in with your LSBU username (the bit before the @ symbol in your email address) and your password.
If you need support accessing our systems, please contact Student IT Support on MyAccount. If you experience issues logging in to MyAccount, please look at this help guide or use this enquiry form and select the topic ‘Library and IT Support.