Financial advice

Meet face to face with our financial advisors to discuss your queries Browse FAQs

Our Senior Student Advisors offer advice to students on issues such as:

  • Money management and budgeting
  • Student finance entitlement and assistance if funding is rejected
  • Maximising income
  • The financial implications of changing study
  • Welfare benefits
  • Referrals to specialist debt advice

The Senior Student Advice Team have one-to-one appointments available either in person or on the telephone throughout the week.

Current LSBU students have a MyAccount that you can use to make appointments with an advisor or ask us a question. See the help guides: How to use MyAccount as a student and How to book an appointment in MyAccount. Can’t log in to MyAccount? See this help guide.

Tuition fees

You can use your  MyAccount to quickly find answers to commonly asked questions, as well as sending us enquiries. If you’re unsure of how to use MyAccount, please see the help guides how to use MyAccount as a student, how to use MyAccount as an Offer Holder and How to book an appointment with support teams in MyAccount. Can’t log in to MyAccount? Please take a look at this help guide.

Additional funding

If you are a student who falls into a category below you may be eligible for some extra help with finances.

Childcare Grant

Parents' Learning Allowance

Tax credits

Students with adult dependants

Students with disabilities

Claiming benefits

The rules concerning students and benefits are complicated and depend on individual circumstances. There are also different rules for claiming benefits during term-time and holiday periods. We therefore advise that all students receiving benefits, or who believe they may be eligible for certain benefits or tax credits, seek advice from their local Benefits Office, Citizen's Advice Bureau or a Student Services' Advisor.

Useful links

Welfare benefits and debt advice:

Budgeting and money management:

Student discounts: