Sports Ambassador SchemeWe provide students and local people with the opportunity to deliver sports coaching, fitness and mentoring sessions across London
Our Sports Ambassador Scheme provides LSBU students and individuals within the local community the opportunity to volunteer or be employed by the University to deliver sports coaching, fitness and mentoring sessions across London and internationally.
What is the Sports Ambassador Scheme?
The Sports Ambassador Scheme is available for any LSBU studentl, regardless of experience. Through your commitment to the Sports Ambassador Scheme you will enhance your personal and professional development through volunteering, both locally and internationally, paid coaching work and training and development opportunities.
By joining the Sports Ambassador Scheme you could help schools meet the national activity level guidelines by supporting their in-house and extracurricular activities, and offer new and exciting activities within the local community.
Engaging in sports and coaching opportunities while in higher education can also provide you with the skills employers are seeking.
Engagement in sport provides a good career return on investment of around £4264 and £5616 per annum... compared to those that did not engage in sport.
Sport Industry Research Centre, Sheffield Hallam University
Why should you become a Sports Ambassador?
- Develop your employability skills through enhancing your team work, leadership and organisational abilities.
- Meet new people and make friends for life.
- Network with local organisations and partners, gaining knowledge and increasing your employment prospects.
- Develop your CV, making you stand out from the crowd.
- Gain new qualifications through subsidised and FREE training courses.
- Self assessments supporting your personal and professional development.
- Gain paid work opportunities as a flexible job alongside your studies.
- FREE gym access at LSBU Active.
- Look good wearing your LSBU branded sports kit.
- Hear from current ambassadors on our Testimonials page.
How do you become a Sports Ambassador?
- Complete the online application below at any time to become part of the Sports Ambassador scheme. Your application will be reviewed by a member of our Sports Development Team and you will be invited in for an interview if your application is successful.
- On completion of a successful interview, you will be required to complete a Sports Ambassador Self Assessment survey before becoming part of the team.
- To confirm your Sports Ambassador contract, you are required to bring in your passport and two other forms of ID: driving license, bill or bank statement from the past 3 months, ID card, birth certificate.
- An enhanced DBS will be processed for you as part of joining the Sports Ambassador Scheme.
- You will be required to attend a Safeguarding and Protecting Children course on gaining your Sports Ambassador contract.
- You will be required to complete compulsory Sports Ambassador training.
- Additional training and development opportunities will now be available to you.
- Community and International Volunteering opportunities will now be available to you.
- Paid coaching work is available based on your specific qualifications and experience, which you can gain through the Sports Ambassador scheme and availability of work.
Sport Ambassador opportunities
Find out more about the vast array of opportunities open to you as one of our Sports Ambassadors.
How to book a Sports Ambassador
The LSBU Sports Ambassadors can deliver a wide range of engaging sports and activities to individuals of all ages and abilities, whether you would like to book an ambassador to support with your school PE programme or community project.
All of the Ambassadors have an Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, including barred lists, and a Safeguarding and Protecting Children qualification that is no older than the recommended best practice period of 3 years. Level 1 and 2 Ambassadors also have a National Governing Body (NGB) recognised coaching qualification and a First Aid certificate that is no older than the recommended best practice period of 3 years.
Please see our varied Ambassador roles.
See the Sports Ambassador Code of Conduct (PDF File 3,015 KB) (PDF File 3,015 KB) for further advice.
To get in touch, email Safia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sports Ambassadors have provided excellent guidance to the young people under their tutelage.