You will need to show proof of English and Maths - GSCE Grades 4+ (previously A-C) or Functional Skills at level 2.
EnrolmentJust starting at LSBU? Here's what you need to know
Starting at LSBU? You’ve made the right choice. In a few months’ time you’ll join our talented community of like-minded students and unlock your true potential.
Key dates for the diary
For most students, course induction sessions will take place during the week commencing 16 September. During these sessions, you'll meet your course staff, new classmates and find out everything you need to know about what you’ll be working on during the semester. Teaching for most courses will begin from 23 September.
Students in the School of Health and Social Care should be prepared to attend enrolment, course induction and teaching from 13 and 14 September.
Complete your enrolment and attend induction
Before enrolling, ensure your contact details are up to date on UCAS so that you will receive emails from us. If you made a direct application, any updates can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to quote your LSBU ID number.
There are a few things you will need to do before attending your induction and the start of your course:
1. Complete your online enrolment
Keep an eye on your email for more instructions on how to complete your enrolment online. It's essential you do this before you arrive. It’s an easy process and gives you access to a whole host of benefits, including:
- Student email (sign up for student discounts, including NUS and Amazon Prime)
- Library access
- Your personal timetable
- Reading lists for your course
2. Look up your course induction session
As a new student, you’ll need to attend your course induction session to make sure you get your LSBU career off to a flying start. This is your chance to meet your academic team and fellow students, as well as find out everything you need to know about studying here. You can find your course induction session search here.
3. Visit your personalised timetable
To help you get off to a flying start, it's important that you check where and when your teaching is scheduled.
You can access your personal timetable now on MyLSBU, using your LSBU IT account.
4. Attend your enrolment appointment
We may ask you to attend a face to face enrolment appointment on campus.
When you attend your enrolment appointment, you'll need to bring some important documents. Don’t forget:
- Your valid passport.
- One additional form of ID. This could be your birth certificate, driving license, EU national ID card or a utility bill or bank statement with the address that you have registered with us. (International students' ID should include their full name and date of birth.)
- All documents that relate to your immigration status, including (if applicable) those of your spouse or parents, and evidence of your relationship. It is vital that you bring these documents as we are required to carry out a "right to study" check on all enrolling students, to ensure you have the correct immigration status. At this point, we also determine your fee status (home/EU/overseas).
- Proof of all your existing qualifications eg. your original A-level and GCSE certificates or official degree certificate. If the originals are not in English, we’ll ask that you also bring an official, certified translation. Lost your certificate? Get a replacement.
- Details of how you will pay your fees as an undergraduate , postgraduate or international student.
As well as the above please bring your offer letter from the University, and your applicant number.
If you've been granted a Tier 4 Student Visa, you need to bring either: your passport containing your 30-day Entry Clearance Vignette and your Biometric Residence Permit, or proof that you have submitted a Tier 4 application such as document checklist, biometrics letter and postal receipt. If you have posted your original documents to the Home Office you will need to provide copies that have been authorised and stamped by a member of the International Office.
If you are a non-EEA student enrolling on a course leading to a postgraduate qualification at LSBU, you may need to provide other documents such as an ATAS certificate (if applicable).
If you do not require a Tier 4 visa to study at LSBU you will need to provide evidence of your immigration status in the UK.
Secure funding and accommodation
One of the most important things you have to do before you arrive is secure your funding. We're here to help make sure you're all set up - please see our undergraduate and postgraduate student finance pages for more information.
Our halls provide a safe and convenient home, right next to campus and in the heart of London. If you're looking to rent privately, you're more than welcome to reach out to our Accommodation Service for support or advice.
Get ahead with summer skills workshops
The Library and Learning Resources team run a series of 'Get Ahead' events over the summer for students starting at LSBU in September 2019. Events cover core learning and study skills, including:
- Use of core Microsoft Office programmes
- Using the LSBU virtual learning environment
- Referencing skills
Discover more about these events and book your place.
Complete our survey and you could win a £350 Amazon Voucher
It’s important to us that all our students receive the support and help they need to be successful in their studies. We are currently undertaking a new project to identify the different types of learners at LSBU, with a plan to use this insight to tailor the support we provide at the university. We are asking students to complete a survey that explores your motivations and attitudes towards learning. Some of the questions are deliberately quite provocative and others straightforward. Find out more and take part now. You will automatically be entered into a lottery for Amazon vouchers when you take part (£350, £250, £150).
Winners will be contacted by email or telephone when the survey closes in after 10 October.
Any more questions?
We try to make enrolment as simple and stress free as possible. See our FAQs for answers to the most common questions about the process.