Enrolment begins from 5 August. You'll receive an email from us after you have gotten your exam results, so keep an eye out!
Welcome events and your course induction will be taking place from 16 September. For more information, check this page and your emails closer to the time.
Starting at LSBU? You’ve made the right choice. In a few months’ time you’ll join our talented community of like-minded students and unlock your true potential.
Before you start your course, you'll need to tackle the following:
Confirm your contact details
We need to send you essential info over the summer, so it’s important that we can contact you.
Have you changed your email address? If so, please log into either UCAS and update your details or, if you made a direct application to LSBU, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with your correct email. Don’t forget to quote your LSBU ID number.
Register your place
Keep an eye on your email for more instructions on how to register your place online. It's essential you do this before you arrive. It’s an easy process and gives you access to a whole host of benefits, including:
- Student email (sign up for student discounts, including NUS and Amazon Prime)
- Library access
- Entry around campus
- Your personal timetable
- Reading lists for your course
Attend your enrolment session
When registering your place online, we may ask you to attend a face to face enrolment session on campus.
When you attend your enrolment session, you'll need to bring some important documents. Don’t forget:
- Proof of all your existing qualifications eg. your original A-level and GCSE certificates or official degree certificate. If the originals are not in English, we’ll ask that you also bring an official, certified translation. Lost your certificate? Get a replacement.
- Your valid passport.
- One additional form of ID. This could be your birth certificate, driving license, EU national ID card or a utility bill or bank statement with the address that you have registered with us. (International students' ID should include their full name and date of birth.)
- All documents that relate to your immigration status including (if applicable) those of your spouse or parents, and evidence of your relationship. It is vital that you bring these documents as we are required to carry out a "right to study" check on all enrolling students, to ensure you have the correct immigration status. At this point, we also determine your fee status (home/EU/overseas).
- Details of how you will pay your fees as an undergraduate, postgraduate or international student.
You will need to show proof of English and Maths - GSCE Grades 4+ (previously A-C) or Functional Skills at level 2.
As well as the above please bring your offer letter from the University, and your applicant number.
If you've been granted a Tier 4 Student Visa, you need to bring either: your passport containing your 30-day Entry Clearance Vignette and your Biometric Residence Permit, or proof that you have submitted a Tier 4 application such as document checklist, biometrics letter and postal receipt. If you have posted your original documents to the Home Office you will need to provide copies that have been authorised and stamped by a member of the International Office.
If you are a non-EEA student enrolling on a course leading to a postgraduate qualification at LSBU, you may need to provide other documents such as an ATAS certificate (if applicable).
If you do not require a Tier 4 visa to study at LSBU you will need to provide evidence of your immigration status in the UK.
Secure your funding
One of the most important things you have to do before you arrive is secure your funding. We're here to help make sure you're all set up - please see our undergraduate and postgraduate student finance pages for more information.
Need great student accommodation options? Our halls provide a safe and convenient home, right next to campus and in the heart of London. If you're looking to rent privately, you're more than welcome to reach out to our Accommodation Service for support or advice.
Attend your course induction
Don’t miss out on your course induction session! You'll meet your new classmates and find out everything you need to know about what you’ll be working on during the semester.
Any more questions?
We try to make enrolment as simple and stress free as possible. See our FAQs for answers to the most common questions about the process.