You will need to show proof of English and Maths - GSCE Grades 4+ (previously A-C) or Functional Skills at level 2.
EnrolmentJust starting at LSBU? Here's what you need to know
Starting at LSBU? You’ve made the right choice. You’ll shortly be joining our talented community of like-minded students and unlock your true potential.
Key dates for the diary
Teaching for most courses will begin from 27th January. For most students, course induction sessions will take place during week commencing 20th January and week commencing 27th January. During these sessions, you'll meet your course staff, new classmates and find out everything you need to know about what you’ll be working on during the semester.
Complete your enrolment and attend induction
Before enrolling, ensure your contact details are up to date on UCAS so that you will receive emails from us. If you made a direct application, any updates can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to quote your LSBU ID number.
There are a few things you will need to do before attending your induction and the start of your course:
1. Complete your online enrolment
Keep an eye on your email for more instructions on how to complete your enrolment online. It's essential you do this before you arrive. It’s an easy process and gives you access to a whole host of benefits, including:
- Student email (sign up for student discounts, including NUS and Amazon Prime)
- Library access
- Your personal timetable
- Reading lists for your course
2. Look up your course induction session
As a new student, you’ll need to attend your course induction session to make sure you get your LSBU career off to a flying start. This is your chance to meet your academic team and fellow students, as well as find out everything you need to know about studying here. Details of your course induction session will shortly be available here.
3. Visit your timetable
To help you get off to a flying start, it's important that you check where and when your teaching is scheduled. Once you have completed your online enrolment and activated your student email address, you will be able to access your timetable on MyLSBU, using your LSBU IT account. Your timetable does not currently include any option modules which you may be eligible to select during your induction. Please note that the timetable is subject to change during the first 1-2 weeks of term.
4. Attend your enrolment appointment
We may ask you to attend a face to face enrolment appointment on campus.
When you attend your enrolment appointment, you'll need to bring some important documents. Don’t forget:
- Your valid passport.
- One additional form of ID. This could be your birth certificate, driving license, EU national ID card or a utility bill or bank statement with the address that you have registered with us. (International students' ID should include their full name and date of birth.)
- All documents that relate to your immigration status, including (if applicable) those of your spouse or parents, and evidence of your relationship. It is vital that you bring these documents as we are required to carry out a "right to study" check on all enrolling students, to ensure you have the correct immigration status. At this point, we also determine your fee status (home/EU/overseas).
- Proof of all your existing qualifications eg. your original A-level and GCSE certificates or official degree certificate. If the originals are not in English, we’ll ask that you also bring an official, certified translation. Lost your certificate? Get a replacement.
- Details of how you will pay your fees as an undergraduate, postgraduate or international student.
As well as the above please bring your offer letter from the University, and your applicant number.
If you've been granted a Tier 4 Student Visa, you need to bring either: your passport containing your 30-day Entry Clearance Vignette and your Biometric Residence Permit, or proof that you have submitted a Tier 4 application such as document checklist and biometrics appointment confirmation.
If you are a non-EEA student enrolling on a course leading to a postgraduate qualification at LSBU, you may need to provide other documents such as an ATAS certificate (if applicable).
If you do not require a Tier 4 visa to study at LSBU you will need to provide evidence of your immigration status in the UK.
Keep an eye on the Students’ Union website for details of the Refreshers’ Fair, held on 30 and 31 January, 11am-3pm. This event is your chance to sample everything student life at LSBU has to offer, from societies to sports clubs
If you’re an international student joining us, we have a range of welcome events to help you settle into life at LSBU and the UK.
Preparing for academic studies
Get a step ahead on your studies with our 2 day ‘Preparating for Academic Studies’ course, taking place on 21st and 22nd January, 10:00 - 17:00.
Secure funding and accommodation
One of the most important things you have to do before you arrive is secure your funding. We're here to help make sure you're all set up - please see our undergraduate and postgraduate student finance pages for more information.
Our halls provide a safe and convenient home, right next to campus and in the heart of London. If you're looking to rent privately, you're more than welcome to reach out to our Accommodation Service for support or advice
Get ahead with summer skills workshops
The Library and Learning Resources team run a series of 'Get Ahead' events for students starting at LSBU in January 2020. Events cover core learning and study skills and activities, including:
- Library Tours
- Starting your research
- Referencing skills
Discover more about these events and book your place.
Any more questions?
We try to make enrolment as simple and stress free as possible. See our FAQs for answers to the most common questions about the process