New Kent RoadSet in a residential area, just a short distance from our Elephant & Castle campus Apply for accommodation
This central hall of residence is conveniently situated for the local shopping centre. The nearest underground station is Elephant & Castle (Bakerloo and Northern Lines), which is approximately 5 minutes' walk away and the area is a hub for buses.
Take a tour
Take a tour of New Kent Road.
This residence has 83 non-smoking rooms for first year students. The accommodation is single occupancy rooms within shared flats of four to six residents for between four to six residents. Each resident shares a communal kitchen/dining area and bathing facilities. Basic cleaning equipment, including a vacuum cleaner, is provided. Wifi provided throughout, allowing access to the University's intranet and the internet.
Each flat and individual bedroom is fitted with a security lock. There is a central common room with facilities including a free to use pool table, foosball table, PS4, various board games, karaoke machine, and books. New Kent Road also has a laundry with ironing stations (charges apply).
Download photos taken in a student's bedroom and kitchen in the New Kent Road Halls of Residence. (PDF File 383 KB)
For the 2020/21 academic year the weekly rent is:
|Standard Fire Exit||£132.00|
Standard letting period
- 40 weeks
- Accommodation offered to: first years
- Non-smoking: the building is non-smoking throughout
- Security: on-call staff and gated entrance
- Number of Rooms: 83 standard rooms
- Total number of flats: 19
- Approximate average room size: Average room size 11.5 sq metres
- Provided within Bedroom: bed, mattress, wardrobe, desk, desk lamp, chair, bookshelf and paper bin
- Provided within Kitchen/Diners: fridge/freezer, electric cooker, microwave, lockable cupboards (padlock required), table and chairs, vacuum, mop/bucket, dustpan/brush, broom, ironing board (irons available for use in laundry)
- Heating/Hot Water: provided by electrical water heaters and wall mounted radiators. Costs for both are included within the residence fee
- Car Parking: There is no available parking on site and local street parking is restricted. Residents are recommended not to bring cars.
New Kent Road Reception
83 New Kent Road
Tel: 020 7407 9174
- See our map and travel instructions