McLaren HouseMcLaren House is a leading landmark on St George's Circus
Just 200m from the University's Elephant & Castle campus, it offers convenient living within close proximity of leading attractions such as London's South Bank theatre/arts complex, the Tate Modern and the Globe Theatre. The nearest underground station is Southwark (Jubilee Line), approximately 5 minutes' walk. Waterloo Station (overland services) is also just a few minutes away.
Take a tour
Take a tour of McLaren House.
McLaren House has over 600 non-smoking rooms for first year undergraduate and returning students. The accommodation is single occupancy flats for mostly eight students and the vast majority of bedrooms are en-suite (shower, hand basin and toilet). Residents within each flat share a communal kitchen/dining area. Basic cleaning equipment, including a vacuum cleaner, is provided. Wifi provided throughout, allowing access to the University's intranet and the internet.
Each flat and individual bedroom is fitted with a security lock and residents are issued with keys to their accommodation and a swipe card giving access to the building. There is a split-level communal area with facilities including a free to use pool table, foosball table, PS4, various board games and books. There is a centrally located laundry (charges apply).
Download photos taken in a student's bedroom and kitchen in McLaren House Halls of Residence (PDF File 624 KB) at LSBU.
For the 2019/20 academic year the weekly rents are:
|Queen Standard Room||£146.00|
|Standard En suite Room||£158.00|
|Queen En suite Room||£169.00|
|Standard En suite Premium Room||£203.00|
|Queen En suite Premium Room||£213.00|
Standard Letting Period
- Accommodation offered to: returning students and first years
- Non-smoking: the building is non-smoking throughout
- Security: on call staff and night security. Building covered by CCTV
- Number of rooms: 600 en-suite and 14 standard
- Total number of flats: 86
- Approximate average room size: Average room size 11.5 - 12 sq metres
- Provided in bedroom: bed, mattress, wardrobe, desk, desk lamp, chair, bookshelf and paper bin
- Provided in kitchen/diner: fridge/freezer, electric cooker, microwave, lockable cupboards (padlock required), table and chairs, vacuum, mop/bucket, dustpan/brush, broom, ironing board (no iron)
- Heating/hot water: both are provided centrally and included within residence fees
- Car parking: while limited, parking bays are available with purchase of a permit from reception
McLaren House Reception
1 St George's Circus
Tel: 020 7815 7360
- See our map and travel instructions