Health, Acoustics and Communications Engineering (HACE)
Research is concerned with three main areas; Acoustics, Communication systems and Biomedical engineering
Researchers are involved in the application of engineering to the monitoring of health, and to the investigation and mitigation of various health effects; and to improvement in the efficiency of various forms of communication in different environments. We have strong collaborative research links with the health, telecommunication and acoustic industries; with academia, music colleges and orchestras; with clinical institutions; and with government departments.
- £1.7 million in external research grants/contracts and 168 publications since 2008.
- £1.6 million collaborative EPSRC grant for research on remote techniques for more intelligent energy usage within dwellings.
- £0.66 million EPSRC funding for collaborative research on acoustic design of secondary schools informing the revision to Building Regulations.
- New prediction and testing methodology, and guidelines, for speech intelligibility of voice alarm systems now applied to 74 stations on the London Underground.
- Recognition of research through 6 prestigious national and international awards and prizes.
- Effects of noise on health, hearing and education; speech intelligibility.
- Biomedical Engineering and Communications (BiMEC)
- Communications: ultra wideband (UWB), wireless and optical systems and their applications in communication networks; design and development of medical and healthcare instrumentation.
Bioengineering: non-destructive measurement technologies for in-vivo skin and physiological studies.
28 August 2019International Conference on Renewable Energy and Vacuum Insulation for Nearly Zero Energy Buildings
28 August 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
5 October 2019University Open Day
7 October 2019School of Business Graduation Ceremony 2019
14 October 2019Graduation Ceremony: School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Applied Sciences; School of Law and Social Sciences
28 October 2019LSBU Graduations 2019: School of the Built Environment; School of Engineering
4 November 2019School of Health and Social Care Graduation Ceremony 2019
9 November 2019University Open Day
27 November 2019Postgraduate Open Evening
Mature students aiming for career change make LSBU first choice in Clearing
15 August 2019
Chiropractic student wins ‘best new delegate’ at World Congress of Chiropractic Students AGM
6 August 2019
Drama graduates perform at Kingston's International Youth Arts Fringe Festival
8 July 2019
Design students win 2019 PVC Redesigned competition
5 July 2019
Bakery students achieve great success at the Alliance of Bakery Students and Trainees Conference 2019
3 July 2019
LSBU first UK university to launch fully chartered town planner apprenticeship scheme
27 June 2019
Engineering the Future: Two teams of LSBU students make it to Design Challenge National Finals
27 June 2019
LSBU celebrates wealth of local business talent at Southwark Business Awards Gala Finale
18 June 2019
Creative Technologies students celebrate work at End of Year Show
14 June 2019