Overview - Law courses
No. 1 London Modern Uni for Teaching - Law
National Student Survey 2015
Five reasons to study Law at LSBU
- Professionally accredited qualifying Law degrees are the first step to becoming a Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive
- Valuable legal practice experience working as volunteers in our Legal Advice Clinic
- Our teachers are qualified solicitors and barristers, passing on their insights, real-world case expertise and passion for law
- Advanced e-learning techniques, a personal e-law library worth £6,000 and a free iPad will support your studies
- Active Students Union with an established Law Society
Getting a free iPad was a real bonus as it means you can literally study anywhere.
Sabrina Smith, LLB (Hons) Law
- Free iPad and a personal library of Oxford University Press law e-text books
- Outstanding virtual learning environment with audio lecture summaries, activities and quizzes with feed-back to help you with your private study
- Effective support offered by personal tutors, a careers tutor and the LSBU Student Life Centre
- An energetic Student Law Society, which arranges talks, visits, competitions and social events
Gain work experience whilst you study
- Volunteer at the LSBU Legal Advice Clinic (LAC), Lambeth County Court Help Desk Scheme and with local law firms. Opportunities for volunteering at the LAC are open to all second and third year students, depending on a successful interview and grades achieved.
- You'll acquire a Qualifying Law Degree making you eligible to seek qualification as a Barrister or Solicitor
- The 'Working in the Law' module will enable you to develop professional skills valued by employers and help you find placements to prepare you for employment
- Excellent teaching by qualified lawyers. For example Robert Hush is Chair of the Law Society's Family Law Committee and Caron Thatcher, who worked alongside Imran Khan on the Stephen Lawrence Inquiry
- You'll develop advocacy skills through Mooting competitions and presentation and public speaking skills through our Street Law project
LSBU is a Top 10 London University for Graduate Starting Salaries and a Top 2 London Modern University for Graduate Starting Salaries
Sunday Times League Table (2015)
Alternative route into the legal profession
- We are the only University in London to offer an alternative route to the Legal Profession embedded in our undergraduate Law degrees via CILEx modules. On completion of the necessary options you'll eligible to become a member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, (CILEx)
LSBU is in the heart of London's cultural centre on the South Bank and is a short walk from the Royal Courts of Justice.
Full and partial fee waivers are available for your first year of full-time study, depending on your household income.
Top 3 London Modern University for Law
Guardian University Guide 2016