To be eligible for this bursary you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have received an offer on our undergraduate BSc Building Surveying or BSc Quantity Surveying courses, due to start your studies in September 2022.
- You identify as being from an African and Caribbean heritage background.
- Your household income is less than £25k per annum.
- You will be under the age of 26 when you start the course.
In addition, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You are the first generation in your family to progress to higher education (i.e. your parents have not been to university although if a brother or sister has, you are still eligible).
- You identify yourself as being disabled or having a specific learning difference.
- You have spent time in care in the UK, been placed in care or are estranged from your family.
- You are recognised by social services as a young adult carer.
- You are entering Higher Education with a BTEC as your main qualification.
- You are a mature student (aged 21 years or over on 1 September before you start your course) who does not currently hold a bachelor’s degree.