- Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals NHS Trust
- Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust
- Barts Health
- Bromley Healthcare
- Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
- Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
- Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Croydon Health Services NHS Trust
- Ealing Hospital NHS Trust
- East London NHS Foundation Trust
- Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust
- Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Kingston Hospital NHS Trust
- Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust
- London North West Healthcare
- Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- North East London NHS Foundation Trust
- North Middlesex University Hospital Trust
- Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust
- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- South West London and St Georges Mental Health NHS Trust
- St Georges Healthcare NHS Trust
- The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- The Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
- The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust
- University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- West London Mental Health NHS Trust
- West Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust
Continuing professional developmentOur CPD Portfolio includes a range of programmes, modules, study days and bespoke projects that have all been designed to meet the needs of our service colleagues
LSBU is the largest provider of CPD for the health and social care workforce in the South East and is proud of its high reputation in the field.
Programmes are designed and implemented in collaboration with industry needs to ensure we support workforce development that is fit for today and leads innovation in the future.
Most of these programmes are clinically focused and increasingly work-based. Our complete CPD Porfolio is designed to be flexible and offer a variety of delivery modes, including e-learning, and all are underpinned by a robust research and practice-based culture.
Why choose LSBU?
Our Central London facilities provide an ideal environment for clinical skills development and simulation learning. The skills laboratories and lecture rooms are equipped for teaching a variety of skills in a safe environment, allowing participants to develop high levels of competence and confidence under close supervision. Read more about our facilities in our Story Finder.
Preparing the healthcare workforce of tomorrow
We offer programmes for all levels of healthcare staff. From study days and foundation degrees for staff working in bands 1-4, through to top-up degrees, specialist modules, Master's programmes and professional doctorates for a variety of healthcare professionals. Our flexible, modular approach to CPD allows individuals to study and reach their goals at their own pace.
Easy online application
Our online application system allows you to find CPD opportunities and apply quickly (without the need to fill out lots of paperwork). The system requires the sponsoring organisation to approve the application, ensuring employer involvement from the outset. Read our CPD Portfolio and complete an application.
If you have any queries with regards to CPD applications, please find below the new contact details for the Administration Team:
Feedback and monitoring for employers
Our online reporting system allows you to monitor the uptake of academic programme and student progression. Employers receive monthly reports from our system and each employer is allocated a customer account manager to oversee this process.
Programmes delivered by clinical experts
Undertaking CPD at LSBU means learning from experts with excellent knowledge and clinical skills in their area of speciality. Many of our academic staff hold joint posts between LSBU and some of London's most prestigious hospitals and healthcare services.
If you can't find a CPD module that suits the needs of your workforce, we offer a variety of bespoke opportunities, created in partnership with managers, that meet the demands of healthcare's ever-changing climate.
Our expertise covers all branches of nursing, midwifery, public health and health promotion, occupational therapy, traditional Chinese medicine and social work. Read more about research degrees at LSBU.
What an NHS Partner says about us
LSBU enables staff at every level to realise their potential to deliver high quality care to all.
Sarah Connor, Professional Development Lead, Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Browse our online prospectus.
50% of our pre-registration education is delivered practically through on-site placements, which offer a vital part of a student's professional development. That's why we are so proud to partner with some of the very best hospitals and Trusts across London and the South East.