Information for applicants and offer holders for year 2020
We understand that you’ll have questions about applying to LSBU, or an existing offer you’ve got to study with us. Don't worry, we’ve got your back and are here to support you every step of the way!
Due to Covid-19, things are going to look a bit different this September, but don’t worry, we’re all in this together. We’ve pulled together the answers to the most frequently asked questions.
Our plans for Semester 1
We’re looking forward to welcoming new and returning students this September. Our top priority is the safety and wellbeing of our community. We’re doing everything possible to limit the impact of Covid-19 on your studies and are fully committed to delivering our courses.
The University campus will be open for the start of term, delivering our programmes with a socially distanced approach. Our library and learning resources centre will be open and accessible for students, as will our study spaces and halls of residences. We're taking a blended learning approach of remote and on-campus teaching. This means there will be some face-to-face activities for all students, but only in an environment where we can ensure your safety through social distancing. Priority will be given to courses that use specialist facilities for group, practical or technical work.
This is an ever-evolving situation, so we’ll keep you updated on our plans over the coming months.
What this means for your studies
- We’re planning our teaching for September in a flexible way which works for you and follows Government advice on social distancing. There may be slightly different arrangements between our courses. Course specific information will be sent to all offer holders over the summer.
- Blended learning will mean that you will have a mixture of online and on-campus provision.
- Depending on Government advice, smaller classes (seminars), practical activities, or teaching which requires specialist facilities, will take place on campus.
- As the situation continues to change, you may move between online and on-campus activity, but only when we feel it is safe to do so.
Studying at LSBU has been a character building experience. It has been challenging, a good challenge that has developed me in more ways than I was expecting. It has been rewarding as well.Nabachwa Claire Luyimbo-Lule, BSc Occupational Therapy
How you’ll be supported
- We’ll be enhancing our personal tutor offer to ensure you’re fully supported in your studies.
- You’ll continue to have access to our dedicated support services online. These include our wellbeing, dyslexia and disability support, sport and recreation, and employability services.
- You’ll have access to our library and learning resources, including course materials, online resources and over 230,000 books.
Information about your application
Find out how recent adjustments may have affected your application
In this section
- Course finder
- Open Days
- Information for applicants and offer holders for year 2020
- What this means for your course
- Information about your application
- Accommodation and social life
- How we’ll support you to succeed
- Information for International students
- Our Schools
- Course Specifications
- Student Contract
- LSBU Croydon Campus
- Information for schools and colleges