Covid-19: Update for applicants and offer holders
Updated 06 January 2021
We understand that you’ll have questions about applying to LSBU, an existing offer you’ve got to study with us or what the National Lockdown restrictions mean for your course. Don't worry, we’ve got your back and are here to support you every step of the way!
Our top priority
The safety and wellbeing of our community is our top priority. We’re doing everything possible to limit the impact of Covid-19 on your studies and are fully committed to delivering our courses.
We're taking a blended learning approach of remote and on-campus teaching. This means there are some face-to-face activities for all students, but only in an environment where we can ensure your safety through social distancing. Priority is given to courses that use specialist facilities for group, practical or technical work.
We are continuing to monitor Government guidelines relating to on-campus teaching, and will update this section with information as it becomes available. Further details on our plans for September 2021/22 will follow once the Government's roadmap for Higher Education is released.
What this means for your studies
- We’re delivering our teaching in a flexible way which follows Government advice and guidelines to manage Covid-19. The UK is in National Lockdown (updated 06 January 2021) with restrictions in place across the capital. We will be following the latest advice from the Government and will update this page as the rules and guidance develops. There may be slightly different arrangements between our courses. Course specific information will be provided to all students who receive an offer.
- Blended learning means that you will have a mixture of online and on-campus provision.
- Depending on Government advice, smaller classes (seminars), practical activities, or teaching which requires specialist facilities, will take place on campus. This means only a few courses have on-campus activity at this time, where access to specialist facilities is required.
- As the situation continues to change, you may move between online and on-campus activity, but only when we feel it is safe to do so.
Studying at LSBU has been a character building experience. It has been challenging, a good challenge that has developed me in more ways than I was expecting. It has been rewarding as well.Nabachwa Claire Luyimbo-Lule, BSc Occupational Therapy
How you’ll be supported
- We've enhanced our personal tutor offer to ensure you’re fully supported in your studies.
- You’ll continue to have access to our dedicated support services online. These include our wellbeing, dyslexia and disability support, sport and recreation, and employability services.
- You’ll have access to our library and learning resources, including course materials, online resources and over 230,000 books.
Information about your application
Find out how recent adjustments may have affected your application
In this section
- Course finder
- Explore our subjects
- Open Days
- Covid-19: Update for applicants and offer holders
- What this means for your course
- Information about your application
- Accommodation and social life
- How we’ll support you to succeed
- Information for International students
- Keeping everyone COVID safe
- Our Schools
- Student Contract
- Croydon Campus
- Information for schools and colleges
- Course Specifications