Covid-19: We plan to fully-re-open in September
Updated 15 July 2021
The wait is nearly over and we’re really looking forward to meeting you on campus in September.
We know you’ll have questions about what teaching, life in halls and what your campus experience will be like. That’s why we’ve put together some useful information to give you the assurance your need that LSBU is well-prepared to fully re-open and welcome you safely onto campus.
- We'll be teaching in-person, on-campus at Southwark, Havering and Croydon
- Some courses may supplement this with online learning and online resources as well
- Our halls of residence will be open as normal
- You’ll have full access to the library, student services, the LSBU Active gym and everything else that makes for a rich and rewarding student experience
We've listened to student feedback and learned a lot about different ways of delivering our teaching over the past 12 months.
From September, we’ll be timetabling students to be on campus for face-to-face teaching. You will be expected to attend campus for your timetabled activities, as anything that is scheduled for on-campus won’t be available remotely.
However, students told us that having additional online materials to support their learning is a real benefit and very useful. Therefore, we'll continue to have additional materials available online for students, to supplement and enhance timetabled on-campus activities.
Studying at LSBU has been a character building experience. It has been challenging, a good challenge that has developed me in more ways than I was expecting. It has been rewarding as well.Nabachwa Claire Luyimbo-Lule, BSc Occupational Therapy
Your safety is our top priority
We want you to have a great time at university, (as it really is an experience like no other!) and to do so in a safe environment.
In line with the latest Government advice, from Monday 19 July, there will be no government imposed Covid-19 measures limiting social contact across our campuses. However, to ensure everyone has a great time we ask you all to be respectful, doing everything you can to keep yourself, your classmates and your family safe as we learn to live with Covid-19.
Across the university, we'll continue to have a few measures and advice in place including:
- Enhanced cleaning throughout the campus
- Keeping windows open in busy rooms
- Perspex screens will continue to be used on service desks and in reception areas
- Sanitisation stations will remain in place
- We encourage you to wear a face-covering inside, especially in crowded areas. You will be able to pick up face coverings in main reception areas and halls of residence
We all still need to be mindful of others and try not to crowd, particularly in indoor areas. If you're concerned about social distancing we'll have badges available in September that tell others that you want a bit of space.
We will continue to follow Government advice and the above information is correct as of Thursday 15 July 2021. If Government guidance changes and teaching in-person is not possible, then we would look to move to a blended learning approach, which is a mix of online and on-campus teaching where safe.
We will keep you updated if anything changes. But for now, explore what LSBU has to offer you and we can’t wait to see you on campus in September!