Why choose LSBU
Be in demand. Fast forward your career with a postgraduate course
London South Bank University (LSBU) is one of the city’s largest and oldest universities. Our courses benefit from innovative research, employer enhanced course content and our city-centre location.
- All of our courses are accredited by or developed alongside leading professional bodies. See our courses for accreditations
- LSBU has been awarded Silver for teaching excellence under the Government's Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
- We are located on a single campus in the heart of the city, with good connections for bus, train or underground
- We offer a range of flexible study options. 60% of our postgraduate courses are offered part time
- We are the Times Higher Education's Entrepreneurial University of the Year 2016. The accolade celebrates the entrepreneurial support offered by LSBU to students, graduates, staff and the local community
Enhancing quality research
We are an active research university across our seven Schools, with outcomes and practices underpinning our teaching and strongly enhancing our student experience. We are number 2 amongst London Moderns for Research Intensity (CUG 2017). Following the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) the University emerged as one of the top three modern universities in London after 73% of its research was given the two highest ratings (4* and 3*) for 'impact' - an assessment of the reach and significance a research project has achieved.
MBA student, Asim Shaikh, was working as an eCommerce coordinator for The White Company when he started at LSBU. He found the course structure meant he was able to fit in study around work. With classes in the evenings and a focus on independent study, the course helps working students fit everything in.Find many more postgraduate student stories in our Case Study finder.
The University offers
- Flexible payment options: either pay in full or in instalments
- LSBU Graduate Loyalty Scheme: if you achieve a 2:1 or First as an undergraduate at LSBU we offer 25% off your LSBU postgraduate tuition fees if you continue directly on to a taught postgraduate qualification in the same year you graduate. Come to us within five years of graduation and there's a 10% tuition fee discount.
- Postgraduate scholarships: postgraduate students joining LSBU can apply for: the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship programme, with varying fee discount packages and cash awards; subject-level; and sports scholarships
- Priority for University accommodation is given to postgraduate students attending the University for the first time and who live furthest away from our London campus
- LSBU JobShop can help you find full-time/part-time and graduate jobs that are exclusive to LSBU
As well as the above opportunities, there are also Government financial initiatives available. If you are starting a Masters-level qualification either full- or part-time, you may be entitled to apply for a £10,000 postgraduate study loan. You can check whether your particular course qualifies at our postgraduate fees and funding section. You can also check your personal eligibility at Gov.uk.
Tailormade advice for postgraduate study
Book your time with one of our specialist Postgraduate Advisors on a one to one Advice Session where they’ll advise you on postgraduate degrees at LSBU that match your interests and experience. When you're ready to apply join one of our Postgraduate Application Sessions where we take small groups of up to four people through the application process. Visit What’s On for other postgraduate events.
Sports facilities and fitness culture
The Academy of Sport at LSBU is home to exercise classes and sports clubs with an array of opportunities for all students. Its excellence has been recognised nationally - the Academy scored 84.5% in the UKCSI Business Benchmark Survey for its high levels of customer satisfaction.
Ask a question
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
15 December 2017Electra by Sophocles in a version by Frank McGuinness directed by Lucy Pitman-Wallace
16 December 2017Electra by Sophocles in a version by Frank McGuinness directed by Lucy Pitman-Wallace
4 January 2018How to Apply Evening
9 January 2018University Open Evening
11 January 2018How to Apply Evening
18 January 2018LSBU Planning Courses Employer & Sponsor Forum
24 January 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design/ BSc (Hons) Special Effects Design Information Session
27 January 2018Green Screen Weekender - Day 1
28 February 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design/ BSc (Hons) Special Effects Design Information Session
7 March 2018Professor Matt Field: What has experimental psychology done for behavioural medicine?
Urgent action required to support healthcare staff
5 December 2017
LSBU announces new partnership with Brandmovers Inc
30 November 2017
Thomas’ success proves Asperger’s is no barrier in academia
29 November 2017
Dr Charles Graham discusses brand loyalty at IPM event
29 November 2017
The CIM/LSBU Marketing Club Launch
28 November 2017
The Future of Accountancy: Success in a changing world
27 November 2017
Links with accredited bodies in the School of Business continues to flourish
27 November 2017
Sophie gives back to St Thomas’ after they save her life
23 November 2017
LSBU leads by example in tackling sustainability challenges
22 November 2017