Why choose LSBU
Be in demand. Fast forward your career with a postgraduate course starting September 2017
London South Bank University (LSBU) is one of the city’s largest and oldest universities. Our courses benefit from innovative research, employer enhanced course content and our city-centre location.
Search our courses for September 2017 entry.
- LSBU is the no 1 London Modern University for postgraduate starting salaries (HESA: average salaries 2014/15)
- All of our courses are accredited by or developed alongside leading professional bodies. See our courses for accreditations
- LSBU has been awarded Silver for teaching excellence under the Government's Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
- We are located on a single campus in the heart of the city, with good connections for bus, train or underground
- We offer a range of flexible study options. 60% of our postgraduate courses are offered part time
- We are the Times Higher Education's Entrepreneurial University of the Year 2016. The accolade celebrates the entrepreneurial support offered by LSBU to students, graduates, staff and the local community
Enhancing quality research
We are an active research university across our seven Schools, with outcomes and practices underpinning our teaching and strongly enhancing our student experience. We are number 2 amongst London Moderns for Research Intensity (CUG 2017). Following the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) the University emerged as one of the top three modern universities in London after 73% of its research was given the two highest ratings (4* and 3*) for 'impact' - an assessment of the reach and significance a research project has achieved.
MBA student, Asim Shaikh, was working as an eCommerce coordinator for The White Company when he started at LSBU. He found the course structure meant he was able to fit in study around work. With classes in the evenings and a focus on independent study, the course helps working students fit everything in.Find many more postgraduate student stories in our Case Study finder.
The University offers
- Flexible payment options: either pay in full or in instalments
- LSBU Graduate Loyalty Scheme: if you achieve a 2:1 or First as an undergraduate at LSBU we offer 25% off your LSBU postgraduate tuition fees if you continue directly on to a taught postgraduate qualification in the same year you graduate. Come to us within five years of graduation and there's a 10% tuition fee discount.
- Postgraduate students joining LSBU can apply for: the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship programme, with varying fee discount packages and cash awards; subject-level; and sports scholarships
- Priority for University accommodation is given to postgraduate students attending the University for the first time and who live furthest away from our London campus
- LSBU JobShop can help you find full-time/part-time and graduate jobs that are exclusive to LSBU
As well as the above opportunities, there are also Government financial initiatives available. If you are starting a Masters-level qualification either full- or part-time, you may be entitled to apply for a £10,000 postgraduate study loan. You can check whether your particular course qualifies at our postgraduate fees and funding section. You can also check your personal eligibility at Gov.uk.
Tailormade advice for postgraduate study
Book your time with one of our specialist Postgraduate Advisors on a one to one Advice Session where they’ll advise you on postgraduate degrees at LSBU that match your interests and experience. When you're ready to apply join one of our Postgraduate Application Sessions where we take small groups of up to four people through the application process. Visit What’s On for other postgraduate events.
Sports facilities and fitness culture
The Academy of Sport at LSBU is home to exercise classes and sports clubs with an array of opportunities for all students. Its excellence has been recognised nationally - the Academy scored 84.5% in the UKCSI Business Benchmark Survey for its high levels of customer satisfaction.
Ask a question
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
18 August 2017Clearing Drop-In Advice Session
19 August 2017Clearing Drop-In Advice Session
21 August 2017Drop-in session for CIPD approved courses
23 August 2017Clearing Drop-In Advice Session
30 August 2017Clearing Drop-In Advice Session
1 September 2017Step Forward
6 September 2017Clearing Drop-In Advice Session
8 September 2017Be Prepared Day
22 September 2017Mind the Gap!
26 September 2017LSBU Honorary Graduate Public Lecture Series - Stephen Perry
LSBU graduate entrepreneur nominated for international award
17 August 2017
LSBU students share their stories of Clearing
17 August 2017
LSBU in Top 4 London universities for “value added” to students
16 August 2017
LSBU Motorsport takes student-made car to Formula Student competition
7 August 2017
Team LSBU return from China with silver medal
31 July 2017
LSBU’s Graham Carr given award for teaching excellence by Health Education England
25 July 2017
LSBU leads ground-breaking research to identify and support people attending court with autism and intellectual disabilities
25 July 2017
Entrepreneurs share personal journeys at Dr Rami Ranger CBE enterprise lecture
19 July 2017
LSBU student invents a backpack that can save your life
18 July 2017