Why choose LSBU
Be in demand. Fast forward your career with a postgraduate course starting September 2017
London South Bank University (LSBU) is one of the city’s largest and oldest universities. Our courses benefit from innovative research, employer enhanced course content and our city-centre location.
- LSBU is the no 1 London Modern University for postgraduate starting salaries (HESA: average salaries 2014/15)
- All of our courses are accredited by or developed alongside leading professional bodies. See our courses for accreditations
- LSBU has been awarded Silver for teaching excellence under the Government's Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
- We are located on a single campus in the heart of the city, with good connections for bus, train or underground
- We offer a range of flexible study options. 60% of our postgraduate courses are offered part time
- We are the Times Higher Education's Entrepreneurial University of the Year 2016. The accolade celebrates the entrepreneurial support offered by LSBU to students, graduates, staff and the local community
Enhancing quality research
We are an active research university across our seven Schools, with outcomes and practices underpinning our teaching and strongly enhancing our student experience. We are number 2 amongst London Moderns for Research Intensity (CUG 2017). Following the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) the University emerged as one of the top three modern universities in London after 73% of its research was given the two highest ratings (4* and 3*) for 'impact' - an assessment of the reach and significance a research project has achieved.
MBA student, Asim Shaikh, was working as an eCommerce coordinator for The White Company when he started at LSBU. He found the course structure meant he was able to fit in study around work. With classes in the evenings and a focus on independent study, the course helps working students fit everything in.Find many more postgraduate student stories in our Case Study finder.
The University offers
- Flexible payment options: either pay in full or in instalments
- LSBU Graduate Loyalty Scheme: if you achieve a 2:1 or First as an undergraduate at LSBU we offer 25% off your LSBU postgraduate tuition fees if you continue directly on to a taught postgraduate qualification in the same year you graduate. Come to us within five years of graduation and there's a 10% tuition fee discount.
- Postgraduate students joining LSBU can apply for: the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship programme, with varying fee discount packages and cash awards; subject-level; and sports scholarships
- Priority for University accommodation is given to postgraduate students attending the University for the first time and who live furthest away from our London campus
- LSBU JobShop can help you find full-time/part-time and graduate jobs that are exclusive to LSBU
As well as the above opportunities, there are also Government financial initiatives available. If you are starting a Masters-level qualification either full- or part-time, you may be entitled to apply for a £10,000 postgraduate study loan. You can check whether your particular course qualifies at our postgraduate fees and funding section. You can also check your personal eligibility at Gov.uk.
Tailormade advice for postgraduate study
Book your time with one of our specialist Postgraduate Advisors on a one to one Advice Session where they’ll advise you on postgraduate degrees at LSBU that match your interests and experience. When you're ready to apply join one of our Postgraduate Application Sessions where we take small groups of up to four people through the application process. Visit What’s On for other postgraduate events.
Sports facilities and fitness culture
The Academy of Sport at LSBU is home to exercise classes and sports clubs with an array of opportunities for all students. Its excellence has been recognised nationally - the Academy scored 84.5% in the UKCSI Business Benchmark Survey for its high levels of customer satisfaction.
Ask a question
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
17 October 2017Non-Medical Prescribing CPD Study Day
19 October 2017Drawing conclusions and insights on US presidential talks – part of our research seminar programme
20 October 2017Welcome to Thebes by Moira Buffini, directed by Aled Pedrick
21 October 2017Black History Month- Academy of Sport
21 October 2017Welcome to Thebes by Moira Buffini, directed by Aled Pedrick
23 October 2017Black History Month Celebration
25 October 2017LSBU Honorary Graduate Public Lecture Series - Sadie Morgan
26 October 2017A four country comparison of emergency ambulance services – part of our research seminar programme
26 October 2017Art, housing and regeneration struggles in South London: post-Grenfell housing
30 October 2017Graduation Ceremony - School of Health and Social Care
LSBU Psychology Professor appointed Editor-in-Chief of World Leading Addictions Journal
9 October 2017
New York Theatre Workshop works with LSBU for UK premiere of Mind the Gap
28 September 2017
Tenants and graduate entrepreneurs head to Toronto to run their businesses
26 September 2017
University of the Year for Graduate Employment
22 September 2017
LSBU study highlights 'fake' nursing job titles concern
19 September 2017
Care concerns raised by prostate cancer specialist nurses are overlooked by multi-disciplinary teams
19 September 2017
LSBU named as first test site for London air pollution study
19 September 2017
LSBU graduate entrepreneur nominated for international award
17 August 2017
LSBU students share their stories of Clearing
17 August 2017