Open Days and Events
Don't miss out on our Open Days and Open Evenings for undergraduate and postgraduate study and discover why we're University of the Year for Graduate Employment (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018).
- Tour the campus including student residences.
- Discuss courses with academics.
- Speak to current students about their experiences.
- Learn more about applying to university, financing your studies and the support you can receive both academic and personal.
9 January 2018 - tailored evening event
Plan your Open Day
From tours around our central London campus to one-to-one talks with academics about your subject area, there's so much to do on our Open Days. Explore what's on offer below or see our last Open Day's programme (PDF File 1,560 KB). (Our Open Evenings are tailored due to time restrictions.)
- Open Day talks
- Our 30-minute talks will guide you through choosing a course, applying to university, fees and scholarships and student life.
- Take a guided tour around our campus, student accommodation, library and Learning Resources Centre.
- Subject talks
- Each of LSBU's Schools host their own talks, tours, one-to-ones and interactive sessions, so you can learn more about the subject area you're interested in and speak to academics.
- We sit next to an Underground and train station, with bus stops right outside our doors and bicycle ramps dotted around campus. Visit our maps and travel page for details on getting to our Student Centre, including disabled access.
- Food and drink
- Refresh and refuel at our campus cafes: Grads Cafe, Student Centre; Cafe Geo, K2; Breakpoint, Keyworth Centre; and Campus Express, London Road Building. You will receive a free drink voucher on arrival at the Open Day.
- Explore London
- Our central London campus is minutes from many of the city's world-renowned attractions. Make a day of your visit and explore the local area and beyond.
More opportunities to visit
As well as the Open Days, we host events throughout the year where you can see the campus, meet academics and current students and learn more about applying for and funding your studies.
How to Apply Evenings take place on campus and provide expert guidance on the application process, tips on writing personal statements and fees and funding advice to small to medium-sized groups of prospective undergraduate students.
These 30-minute face-to-face sessions with one of our experienced advisors are booked in advance and offer you personalised support and guidance.
When you're ready to apply join one of our Postgraduate Application Sessions where we take small groups of up to four people through the application process.
You can take a campus tour with a current LSBU student every Wednesday during term-time.
We attend Higher Education Fairs, Careers Fairs and UCAS Fairs throughout the UK and EU. A member of LSBU’s staff or a Student Ambassador will be available to advise you and your parents on the opportunities available at LSBU.
You can also explore student residences, lecture halls, laboratories and libraries whenever you want, through our virtual tours.
If you can't make it to the UK, staff from our International Office regularly travel to other countries to meet prospective students. Please visit our What's On page for details on upcoming events happening in your region of the world. We also have in-country representatives who can take you through what LSBU has to offer. Visit your country page for details.
LSBU also holds subject specific events during the year to help you choose a particular course. They include sampling a course lecture and seminar.
School and College events
If you are a Teacher or HE Adviser working at a school or college, the Outreach and Engagement Team offer a range of activities for you and your students, including: taster days, mentoring, personal workshops, and much more. We can visit you or you can visit us. We regularly work with students from Year 6 through to Year 13. Find out more about our work with school and college partners.
Ask a question
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
9 November 2017Exploring Quantile Dependence in financial Markets – part of our research seminar programme
20 November 2017The Changing Face of Elephant & Castle and LSBU
21 November 2017The Changing Face of Elephant & Castle and LSBU (Day 2)
22 November 2017Arts and Creative Industries Experience Day
22 November 2017The Changing Face of Elephant & Castle and LSBU (Day 3)
22 November 2017Teaching EU law after Brexit and after Changes to Legal Training
22 November 2017Train to teach at LSBU
22 November 2017A Cultural Conversation: dialogue across television industry, academia and audiences
22 November 2017Drop-in session for CIPD approved courses
23 November 2017The Future of Accountancy: Success in a changing world
Research improves the usability of mobility aids for the elderly
17 November 2017
Mayor of London certifies LSBU a healthy place to work
15 November 2017
Discover the Changing Face of Elephant & Castle at LSBU
14 November 2017
LSBU awards six honorary graduates and fellows
10 November 2017
LSBU celebrates 125 year Anniversary with Parliamentary reception
9 November 2017
LSBU joins global collaborative media network
9 November 2017
LSBU nursing lecturer Liza Mitchell-Worsfold wins Mary Seacole Award for skin cancer research
3 November 2017
LSBU humanitarian gaming initiative shortlisted for award
31 October 2017
LSBU awarded £49k HEFCE grant to boost ‘Stop the hate trait’ campaign
26 October 2017