RCGP Mentoring will make a real difference to your personal and professional life through one-to-one support, guidance, encouragement and inspiration so that you reach your full potential as great doctors providing great care. Mentoring is only available to RCGP members.
Leading Primary Care Programme
The Health Systems Innovation Lab at LSBU, Modality Partnership and The Royal College of General Practitioners have partnered to offer a new ‘Leading Primary Care’ programme to provide the practical knowledge, understanding and skills required for leading primary care at executive level. At its core are the principles of integrity, collaboration, innovation, and inclusivity to secure high quality health care with and for people and communities that makes the most of the talents and assets of health professionals, and secures the best public value.
- The programme runs April 2021 – March 2022, and September 2021 – August 2022
- The programme is provided online
- Programme Fees are £2,995 - included in the fees are enrolment onto the module and 2 coaching sessions valued at £500
- If you are a new partner you might be able to reimburse your place through the ‘New to Partnership Payment Scheme’.
The programme is aimed at primary care partners, leaders and clinical directors, the workshops covers all aspects of primary care management and leadership for effective General Practice and PCN working.
Register your interest now, email email@example.com.
We will be holding two introductory sessions for the faculty to share more details about the programme, answer any questions and provide guidance on how to apply.
These sessions will be run on 17th March 12:00 - 13:00 and again on 23rd March 17:30 - 18:30
This programme aims to develop:
- Primary care senior leaders who are able to lead robust primary care teams and innovate across primary care systems.
- Primary Care Leaders with the knowledge and understanding of leading change in order to lead real time changes in quality in general practice and primary care.
- Leaders who secure evidence-based effective approaches to meet their local population health needs.
- Leaders who have an understanding of relational approaches to change and innovation.
- Leaders who can critically appraise evidence-based options for leading effective primary care.
- Leaders who can demonstrate personal resilience.
- Leaders who consider their own continued development needs in light of their area of practice
- Leaders who have brought their learning to bear on local quality challenges and projects to generate public value.
This programme maps against the RCGP Leadership Capabilities Framework (see brochure above for full mapping).
The programme is achieved by successfully completing the workshops and academic module components alongside evidence of application of ideas into practice. The LSBU Work Based Learning Module sits within the programme and attracts 20 Level 7 credits which can be used to progress to PGCert, Diploma and Masters at LSBU e.g. MA Leading Social Change, MSc Leadership and Service improvement, PGCert Clinical Leadership.
- Programme Induction – academic and pragmatic overview of the programme (45 mins online).
- The Partnership Code – exploring the values and culture of your practice and PCN so you join the programme clear about how your organisation expects you to lead. This is for you to set up prior to the programme workshops.
Mentoring provided by the RCGP
Learning Community provided within your organisation
We provide 3 one-hour online ‘communities of practice’. These are action learning sessions focusing on how you are applying learning to your leadership practice.
Alongside the module, you be able to have 2 coaching sessions from either RCGP or LSBU Health Systems Innovation Lab (HSIL). All coaching sessions will be conducted remotely at a time and pace that suits you, and are kept strictly confidential between you and your coach.