Head of Allied Health Sciences
Telephone:020 7815 7928
School/Division:Health and Social Care / Allied Health Sciences
Rachel Picton joined London South Bank University in Autumn 2017 following her time at Barts Health NHS Trust where she was the Associate Director of Education for the Allied Health Professions. Prior to this, Rachel worked extensively in clinical and leadership roles across the health sector.
Rachel trained as a diagnostic radiographer at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, qualifying in 1989. She is a member of the Society and College of Radiographers and an HCPC Registrant. She also works as a specialist advisor for the Care Quality Commission and as an education visitor for the HCPC. Her interests include workforce development, leadership and change management.
Rachel’s pre-registration diagnostic radiography teaching includes: contemporary debates, change management and leadership.
Rachel is involved in a number of research projects in collaboration with the School's NHS partners. The most recent is:
- Development of an AHP preceptorship model for the Homerton University Hospital Trust
- Society and College of Radiographers Member
- Health and Social Care Professions Council Radiographer
- Health and Social Care Professions Council Education Visitor
- Health and Social Care Professions Council Registration Assessor
Rachel has experience working with health services in the UK and Singapore, promoting and supporting the development of joint projects to evaluate service provision and development of new courses.