Telephone:020 7815 8081
School/Division:Health and Social Care / Adult Nursing and Midwifery
Michael Sampson is part-time Senior Lecturer for Cardiac Nursing in the Department of Adult Nursing & Midwifery Studies. He also works at St George's Hospital as a specialist nurse in arrhythmia management.
Michael has a background in cardiothoracic critical care and general cardiology. His interests include ECG interpretation, cardiovascular pathophysiology, pharmacology and disease prevention. Michael is also an independent nurse prescriber.
Since joining LSBU in March 2013, Michael has updated the post-registration cardiac programme and provided input into pre-registration modules. He has developed a new module for nurses working in cardiac critical care and expanded the provision of cardiac specific study days.
Michael is currently working towards an MSc in Practice Education.
Level 6 & 7 modules:
- Effective Management of the Cardiac Patient
- Diagnosis and Management of Cardiac Disease
- Cardiac Critical Care
- Rhythm Recognition
- The 12 lead ECG - a two day workshop
- Care of the Ventilated Patient
- Cardiac Monitoring in Critical Care
- Respiratory Monitoring
- Registered Nurse – Adult, NMC, 1999
- Nurse Independent / Supplementary Prescriber, NMC, 2011