Dr Martyn Higgins
Associate Professor - Social Work
Telephone:020 7815 8103
School/Division:Health and Social Care / Primary and Social Care
Martyn's main research interests are: social work education, newly qualified social workers experiences, concepts of professional identity, late modern theory and its application to social work.
Martyn's main areas of teaching are:
- Partnership and participation
- Social policy
- Human rights
- Human growth
- Children and families
- Professional education
- Interprofessional education
- Conflicting and competing expectations: the routinisation and invisibilisation of LGBT narratives. Joint Social Work World Conference, Stockholm, July 2012.
- Return to the front-line: a study on a project to prepare non-practising social workers to re-enter children and families' practice. JSWEC, University of Hertfordshire, July, 2011.
- Research undertaken for PhD in 2011
- Research undertaken for NQSW Project 2010
- Research undertaken for Practice Learning Project 2010
- Research undertaken for PhD in 2008
Registered social worker with HCPC.
Martyn is an external examiner at the University of Hertfordshire.