Lecturer, Perioperative Practice
Telephone:020 7815 8357
School/Division:Health and Social Care / Allied Health Sciences
Mark Milligan is part of the teaching team delivering the Operating Department Practice programme at LSBU. He also lectures and provides course content for two post registration CPPD modules in Operating Department Care.
Mark has extensive experience in theatres, having worked at a leading London teaching hospital since 2002, gaining a Diploma in Operating Department Care in 2009. During his clinical practice mark specialised in Day Surgery working in anaesthetics and recovery. He also spent two years as the Clinical Practice Facilitator for the anaesthetic team, and developed skills in simulation and assessment.
ODP Year 1
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology
ODP Year 2
- Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- Developing Operating Department Practice Skills - Complex Care
ODP Year 3
- Preparation for Practice - Enhanced Peri-operative Skills
- Post Registration Study
- Principles of Operating Department Care Level 6 and 7
- Evidence Based Operating Department Care Level 6 and 7
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Member of the Association for Perioperative Practice (AfPP)
- Member of College of Operating Department Practice (CODP)
Mr Milligan is currently co-authoring a chapter for the second edition of Fundamentals of Operating Department Care published by Cambridge University Press.