Telephone:020 7815 8408
School/Division:Health and Social Care / Institute of Vocational Learning
Judy Scotter is a Senior Lecturer in the Institute of Vocational Learning with interests in anatomy, physiology, disease processes and care delivery.
Judy has a background as an orthopaedic nurse, spending much of her clinical career working at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore. While this is still an area of interest, her current role focuses on the development of the Band 1-4 workforce and includes the delivery of a Foundation Degree for Health Care Assistants working within an acute hospital environment a range of different modules within this portfolio. Judy is also interested in how students are supported in the workplace and within this area of interest runs a number of mentorship modules.
Judy has a BA in Health Care, which was obtained in 1996 at the University of Luton, and an MSc in Health Sciences which was awarded through the University of London in 2001.
Foundation Degree Year 1
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Applied Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Admission, Transfer and Discharge in the Care Setting
Foundation Degree Year 2
- Negotiated Work Based Learning Activities
- Post Registration Nursing Studies
- Mentorship and Enabling Learning in the Practice Setting
Pre-registration Nursing Studies
- Supporting students on a one to one basis while they are writing literature reviews
- External Examiner, University of Ulster
- Editorial Board Journal of Urological Nursing