Course Director, BSc Construction Management
Telephone:020 7815 7292
School/Division:Built Environment and Architecture / Construction, Property and Surveying
Eliana Voutsadakis is the Course Director of the BSc Construction Management course in the Department of Construction, Property and Surveying, School of Built Environment & Architecture. She is an Architect by profession and specialises in Client Project Management, Contract Administration and the design and construction of retail and commercial buildings.
She completed her architectural studies and chartership in the UK in 2000 before working as a contract administrator and architectural PM in the UK till 2004. She then moved to Athens to Project Manage the extension of the Athens International Airport and ERGOSE (Greek National Rail new Freight Centre in Thriasio). In 2009, she opened her own practice focusing on the design and construction of private houses in Athens whilst teaching at the British Hellenic College in Athens for the University of Glyndwr (Wales) before eventually focusing on academia, by setting up the BSc Architectural Technology there and becoming Course Director. In 2014, she moved back to London and started working for LSBU.
Eliana's main teaching specialisms are Architectural Design & Construction Technology, Project Management and Contract Administration.
- Construction the Built Environment (module co-ordinator) – Extended Degree
- Integrated Design Project (module co-ordinator) – Extended Degree
- Contract Administration (module co-ordinator) – BSc Construction Management
- Project Management (module co-ordinator) – BSc Construction Management
See Eliana's research profile.
- Construction Project Management
- Contract Administration
- Architectural Design/ Technology
- Social Housing
- History & Theory of Architecture
- International Conference on Professionalism and Ethics in Construction Keyworth Centre, London South Bank University, UK 21-22 November 2018
- E. Voutsadakis and C. Gonzalez, 2018, UK Grenfell Tower Fire: the importance of ethics and professionalism for the procurement of safe buildings and infrastructure in the construction industry
- C. Gonzalez and E. Voutsadakis, 2018, UK Grenfell Tower Fire: a look into the aspects of “minimum requirements”, ‘risk’ and “modern technology” (BIM)
- E. Voutsadakis, C. Gonzalez, S. Bowkett, S. Vary, 2017. Critical· Thinking in Learning – How to Design & Construct in the Built Environment by Creative Collaborations in Education
- Architects Registration Board, UK
- Technical Chamber of Greece
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK
- Architectural Journalism
- Architect Diver