Dr Pedro Diaz
Telephone:020 7815 7953
School/Division:Engineering / Chemical and Energy Engineering
Dr Pedro Diaz is an Associate Professor in the School of Engineering at London South Bank University (LSBU). Before joining the academia, he worked for over 16 years in the oil industry researching in oil recovery methods. He has also researched in the characterisation of electronic nano-materials. Currently his research interests are in the areas of enhanced oil recovery, fluid-rock and fluid-rock interactions, and formation damage.
Dr Diaz has taught reservoir, production, drilling engineering and petrophysics in the MSc, MEng and BEng Petroleum Engineering courses. He has also taught fluids-particles, and transfer processes for BEng Chemical Engineering.
Dr Diaz’s interests include:
- Enhanced oil recovery methods
- Chemical methods of oil recovery (Alkali, surfactant, and polymer injection.)
- Gas injection (CO2 injection, water alternated gas injection, foam injection)
- Fluid Flow Assurance: Study of Waxing process
- Loss of injectivity
- Fine migration in reservoir rock
- Member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) 2007
- Affiliate of the Institute of Chemical Engineering (IChemE) 2007
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Authority (2015)
Dr Diaz has been part of the Academic Committee of SPE London. He has collaborated with other universities (Robert Gordon University, University of Leeds, University of Central Lancashire) as external examiner in programmes like MSc Oil and Gas Engineering, MSc Drilling and Well Engineering and MSc Petroleum Production Engineering. He has participated in validation of the MSc Oil and Gas Safety Engineering at UCLAN. Additionally, he has contributed to SPE conferences.