Dr Pedro Diaz
Associate Professor; Head of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
Telephone:020 7815 7953
School/Division:Engineering / Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
Dr Diaz has taught reservoir, production, drilling engineering and petrophysics in the MSc, MEng and BEng Petroleum Engineering courses. He has also taught fluids-particles, and transfer processes for BEng Chemical Engineering. More recently, he has been supporting the Innovation and Enterprise module for the MEng/BEng Petroleum and BEng Chemical Engineering courses, and also teaching Petroleum Economics.
Dr Diaz’s interests include:
- Enhanced oil recovery methods
- Chemical methods of oil recovery (Alkali, surfactant, and polymer injection.)
- Gas injection (CO2 injection, water alternated gas injection, foam injection)
- Fluid Flow Assurance: Study of Waxing process
- Loss of injectivity
- Fine migration in reservoir rock
- Member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) 2007
- Affiliate of the Institute of Chemical Engineering (IChemE) 2007
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Authority (2015)
Dr Diaz has been part of the Academic Committee of SPE London. He is an external examiner at Robert Gordon University for MSc Oil and Gas Engineering, MSc Drilling and Well Engineering and MSc Petroleum Production Engineering. He has participated in validation of the MSc Oil and Gas Safety Engineering at UCLAN. Additionally, he has contributed to SPE conferences.