Dr Jenny Owen
Director of Education and Student Experience
Telephone:020 7815 5892
School:Arts and Creative Industries
Dr Owen is Director of Education and Student Experience for the School of Arts and Creative Industries. In addition to leading the department she teaches undergraduate and postgraduate Media and Cultural Studies, supervises PhD theses and is course director for the Study Abroad Programme.
She holds a BA (Hons) Media Studies from the Polytechnic of Central London (1991) and a PhD from the University of Westminster in 1996 for a body of work entitled Crisis or Renewal? The origins, evolution and development of public service broadcasting in Britain, 1922-1996.
Level 5 (Year 2)
- Course Director for the Study abroad Programme and Module coordinator for London: City of Change
- Module Coordinator for Contemporary Issues in Journalism Studies
Level 6 (Year 3)
- UG Dissertation supervisor for BA (Hons) Media and Cultural Studies
- BA (Hons) Film and Media Studies
- BA (Hons) Multimedia Journalism
- MA Creative Media Arts scheme postgraduate programme - project supervisor
- MA Dissertation supervisor, FT MA Creative Media Industries: Journalism
PhD supervisor (1 successful completion and two current PhD students)
Dr Owen's recent research has focused on the pedagogical challenges and virtues of Education Abroad programmes with their focus on developing positive values of diversity and cosmopolitanism in HE.
She was also lead Supervisor (2008-10) with Knowledge Transfer Project (KTP) in association with Key20/Tracc Films. This project was graded outstanding, on completion. The project developed out of Tracc Films' need to develop a new business strategy for their film business, The KTP allowed them to reduce costs through less reliance on third party suppliers/outsourcing of post-production.