Dr Janice Jones
Telephone:020 7815 8479
School/Division:Health and Social Care / Institute of Vocational Learning
Dr Janice jones is Course Director for the PgDip/MSc Occupational Therapy (pre registration course), in the Division of Occupational Therapy, School of Health and Social Care. She specialises in occupational therapy for individuals with physical health conditions, oncology and palliative care with interests in occupational science and spirituality and the application of theory of occupational science and occupational therapy to practice.
Janice teaches across the Occupational Therapy Courses at LSBU. She is module leader for a PgDip/MSc module: Introduction to Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science.
Janice has a Doctor of Philosophy from the University of Huddersfield, awarded in 2016. Her study was a qualitative study employing concept analysis and ethnographic approaches to explore how occupational therapists embed spirituality into their practice. Her thesis contains a conceptual framework and model of practice to guide occupational therapists in their practice.
Janice’s research interests are occupational therapy practice in acute care, palliative care and end of life, spirituality and person centred care, holistic health care practice, and spirituality in health and social care practice and education.
- Member of the British Association of Occupational Therapists
- Registered as an Occupational Therapist with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the British Association for the Study of Spirituality
- External Examiner for University of Plymouth BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy until September 2021