Dr Fang Duan
Lecturer; Director of Intelligent Condition Monitoring and Asset Management Research Centre
Telephone:020 7815 7578
School/Division:Engineering / Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Fang Duan received Master of Engineering, Master of Science and PhD degree from the University of Adelaide, Australia in 2008, 2010 and 2014 respectively. She is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Engineering. Her research interests include mechanical and electrical machine’s condition monitoring, fault diagnosis and prognosis, parameters estimation, global optimisation, machine learning, and asset management. Fang manages PhD students in the above areas.
Fang’s experience in university teaching started in 2012 when she worked as a Teaching Assistant at the University of Adelaide. At the London South Bank University, Fang has taught more than seven undergraduate modules since 2016.
- Condition monitoring and asset management of electrical and mechanical systems
- Advanced algorithms for signal processing and data analytics for diagnosis and prognosis
- Collaborative design and technical integration in industry-university projects
- Multi-disciplinary expertise in electrical engineering, asset management, reliability engineering, and telecommunication engineering
- Project management for multi-national projects, systems engineering concepts
- IEEE Member
- Reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics
- Reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion
- Reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics