Dr Edward Hammond
Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Telephone:020 7815 7652
Dr Edward Hammond has worked on projects to improve the performance of and reduce the energy consumption of domestic, commercial and retail refrigeration systems; and in many cases also converting to more environmentally benign, alternative refrigerants.
Edward has designed and built prototype refrigeration systems for novel or bespoke applications cooling anything from artwork to food and drink.
Most of his recent projects have focused on improving open retail display cases with extensive research into air curtains.
- Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Member of Institute of Refrigeration
- Member of Institute of Refrigeration Service Engineer Section
- Associate member of ASHRAE
- Junior member of the International Institute of Refrigeration
- Chairman of Institution of Mechanical Engineers (Bath and Bristol) Young Members
- Engineering Ambassador and mentor of Year in Industry scheme