Dr Andrew Richardson
School/Division:Health and Social Care / Social Sciences
Dr Andrew Richardson is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Allied Health, Social Work and Advanced Practice. He specialises in psychodynamic theory and practice, social policy, participatory and psychosocial research and social work practice with adults. Andrew's doctoral research focused on social work practice in adult social care in a policy context of personalisation. Andrew is the final stages of a British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) accredited Psychodynamic Psychotherapy training at the Society of Analytical Psychology.
Andrew teaches on the BA and MA is Social Work. He is the module lead for Social Policy and Methods and Theories for Social Work Practice.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of the Arts (FRSA)
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Public Health (FRSPH)
- Social Work England (SWE) -registered Social Worker
- Registered Member, British Association of Social Workers (BASW)
- Visiting Lecturer, Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- External Examiner for Teesside University
- Reviewer, Journal of Social Work Practice
- Reviewer, British Journal of Social Work