Dr Adéle Stewart-Lord
Telephone:020 7815 7931
School/Division:Health and Social Care / Allied Health Sciences
Dr. Adéle Stewart-Lord originally trained as both a diagnostic and therapeutic radiographer, and spent the last twelve years working in Higher Education in London. She is Professional Lead for Therapeutic Radiography at London South Bank University. Areas of teaching speciality includes anatomy and physiology, imaging specifically in relation to cross sectional anatomy, treatment planning clinical skill development and practical sessions involving VERT. Her post-doctoral research in collaboration with clinical stakeholders include a range of topic areas such as Allied Health Professions Advanced Practice, Coaching & Mentoring and VERT (Virtual Education for Radiotherapy Training).
Dr Stewart-Lord's pre-registration therapeutic radiography teaching includes: anatomy and physiology, Imaging specifically in relation to cross sectional anatomy; treatment planning clinical skill development and practical sessions involving VERT.
Her teaching in post-registration therapeutic radiography includes: CT and MRI for therapeutic radiographers; Service delivery and resource management, as well as MSc supervision. Her post-registration Research in Health and Social Care across a range of postgraduate professional health courses.
Research studies in collaboration with our NHS and HEE partners. Most recent are listed below:
- Project title: Advanced Clinical Practice in Radiotherapy and Oncology (funded by HEE) Joint education lead 2019 – current
- Project title: Therapeutic Radiography Student Admissions project– a collaboration between LSBU and Guys Cancer Centre. Joint project lead, 2019 -current
- Project title: ADAPT - Health Education England (HEE) Allied Health Professional (AHP)Transformation Project (funded by HEE) Project lead 2017 - 2019
- Project title: The utilisation of VERT™ in the education and training of 3D cross sectional anatomy for radiotherapy students. 2017 – 2018
- Project title: The exploration of VERT™IGRT as teaching and assessment tool for image matching competency within the radiotherapy clinical setting. 2017 - current
- Project title: The utilisation of a Virtual Environment for Radiotherapy Training (VERT) in patient information giving sessions prior to the delivery of external beam radiotherapy BHRT 2014 – 2016
- Project title: Determining the value of the Coaching and Mentoring Programme within Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust 2014 – 2015
- Society and College of Radiographers Member
- Health and Care Professions Council Radiographer
- Higher Education Academy Senior Fellow
- Department of Health e-learning Advances in Radiotherapy Member of Editorial team
- Reviewer Journal: Radiography and Journal of Radiotherapy Practice in Practice
- Assessor - Society and College of Radiographers UK.
- External Examiner University of Hertfordshire