Associate Professor - Sport Rehabilitation
School/Division:Health and Social Care / Allied Health Sciences
Clare Deary is an Associate Professor and Head of Division for Physiotherapy, Sport Rehabilitation and Chiropractic.
She is a Sports Medicine specialist physiotherapist with an extensive clinical background including the NHS, Rugby Union, Muay Thai Boxing, Triathlon and the Invictus Games. Clare's research interests include the recovery journey of injured military personnel.
Clare teaches Anatomy, Pre-Hospital Care of Injured Athletes, MSK, Rehabilitation and Special Populations.
Clare is currently studying for a Professional Doctorate in Physiotherapy.
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP)
- Member of the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Associate member of the British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers (BASRaT)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Authority
- Member of the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Sport and Exercise Medicine (ACPSEM) and is a Gold Accredited Sports Physiotherapist
- External Examiner for Cardiff University BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- Reviewer for the International Journal of Sports Physiotherapy
- Clare has been working as a physiotherapist for the Invictus Games since 2014