Facts and Figures
Responding to the challenge of a rapidly changing higher education landscape
You can read about our past year's successes in the reviews below or discover what our vice-chancellor has to say about higher education in the compilation of his blogs and articles.
You can also view our financial statements and executive expenses reports.
Our Corporate Strategy 2015-2020 (PDF File 749 KB) sets out how the University will achieve its vision of becoming London's top modern university by 2020.
Download our Annual Review (PDF File 1,530 KB).
In 2017, we were named University of the Year for Graduate Employment by the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide; a testament to the achievements of our graduates.
In 2017, our Vice-Chancellor Professor David Phoenix wrote a number of blogs and articles covering issues in higher education.
Download the Research, Enterprise and Innovation team's Annual Review (PDF File 3,383 KB).
This Annual Review charts the successes of the Research, Enterprise and Innovation Department, as it prioritises investment into eight key research themes.
This year we have hosted dozens of visits from representatives of government, business and educational and skills organisations wanting to know more about what we are doing.
As we talk to them it is clear that much of our work is innovative and highly regarded.Professor David Phoenix, Vice-Chancellor.
We consider financial sustainability absolutely fundamental to delivering our mission of supporting students to achieve professional success.
As well as the efficiency programme, which has saved £6m, we have also developed plans to deliver a prudent sustainable annual operating surplus, which has enabled us to manage uncertainty as we invest for the future and continue to strengthen the quality of support given to students.
Developing facilities and infrastructure
The University is constantly looking to develop and extend the benefits of its location and the features of its varied landscape. This leads us to create innovative new buildings, redevelop Grade II-listed properties and carry out a programme of changes and improvements that constantly further enhance our student offer. Read more about campus developments.
In full compliance with HEFCE requirements, below are copies of the University's annual financial statements, dating back to the 2009/10 academic period. The document is a review of our financial year and includes balance sheets, consolidated income and expenditure account and an independent auditor's report.
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2017 (PDF File 1,971 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2016 (PDF File 919 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2015 (PDF File 13,806 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2014 (PDF File 9,031 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2013 (PDF File 7,012 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2012 (PDF File 7,715 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2011 (PDF File 20,726 KB)
- Download report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2010 (PDF File 4,200 KB)
The University reimburses the travel and subsistence expenses incurred by the vice-chancellor on LSBU business.
Our financial regulations (PDF File 618 KB) set out the guidelines for expenses claims.
The vice-chancellor's expense reports are published periodically.
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses summary 2015-2017 (PDF File 89 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses summary 2011 to 2014 (PDF File 21 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q4 2013 (PDF File 191 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q3 2013 (PDF File 188 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q1 2013 (PDF File 189 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q4 2012 (PDF File 244 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q3 2012 (PDF File 25 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2012 (PDF File 27 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q4 2011 (PDF File 23 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q3 2011 (PDF File 25 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2011 (PDF File 21 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q3 2010 (PDF File 45 KB)
- Download vice-chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2010 (PDF File 52 KB)
21 May 2018Altered States: BA Drama and Performance Final Degree Show
22 May 2018CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
24 May 2018Its My Own Invention - Film Screening
29 May 2018Alumni seminars: Technology and healthcare
5 June 2018This is not a fake conference!
6 June 2018The True Cost of Prison
7 June 2018H2drOp water percussion music - research performance
8 June 2018Five great minds
12 June 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
13 June 2018Tourism and animal welfare symposium
How black nurses were vital to our health service even before Windrush, a talk by Stephen Bourne
17 May 2018
Remodelling crowd medical services in the English football league, a study by LSBU and Millwall Football Club
4 May 2018
Product Design students deliver creative Airlander concepts
3 May 2018
London South Bank University enters top 100 League in Complete Universities Guide
25 April 2018
Enterprising solutions for a low carbon built environment presented at CIBSE conference 2018
25 April 2018
Parents attend Lambeth Careers Cluster Conference
19 April 2018
Global report ranks LSBU’s Clarence Centre in top 20 for business start-ups
11 April 2018
Local schools visit Southwark Careers Fair 2018
3 April 2018
Lambeth College resolves to join the LSBU Family
21 March 2018