Initiatives at LSBU are geared towards improving the University experience for all students, staff and communities
At LSBU, we are dedicated to fostering equal opportunities, social development and personal wellbeing. We follow a range of initiatives to achieve and maintain our high standards. As a result, our community is constantly growing and improving.
Our goal is to make the University a force for positive change: for students, staff, the city of London and the world.
- Equality and diversity
- Embracing and integrating equality, diversity and inclusion is fundamental to our success and growth as an institution of higher education. We have an Equality and Diversity framework to ensure that the contribution of each member of staff and each student will be valued equally.
- Community engagement
- LSBU has played an important role in providing educational opportunities for our local South London communities. Engagement with local groups is central to our ethos as a community University.
- Widening participation
- We believe that anyone with the potential to study in higher education should be able to attend university. Widening participation aims to promote and provide the opportunity of successful participation in higher education to everyone who can benefit from it.
- Customer service
- We are focused on giving staff and students a university experience of maximum value. We are a proud member of the Institute of Customer Service.
- Health and wellbeing
- The workplace should promote good health and wellbeing, to maintain high staff morale and encourage a positive lifestyle. Our efforts to be a health workplace have earned us membership of the London Healthy Workplace Charter.
- Armed Forces Covenant
- LSBU supports the Armed Forces Community and honours the Armed Forces Covenant.
Ask a question
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
21 February 2018Egyptian International Student Fair - Day one
21 February 2018LSBU Spring Festival Gala 2018
22 February 2018Egyptian International Student Fair - Day two
22 February 2018Research today: Atta Muhammad discusses corporate disclosure by banks
22 February 2018Domestic Abuse through the Life Course
24 February 2018World Education Fair Bucharest - Day one
25 February 2018World Education Fair Bucharest - Day two
27 February 2018Meet our inspiring Law division alumni
28 February 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design Information Session
1 March 2018Research today: Dr John Opute discusses collective bargaining in Nigeria
LSBU is ranked tenth for diversity by top recruitment firm for 2017
13 February 2018
His Royal Highness The Duke of York officially opens South Bank Engineering University Training College
9 February 2018
LSBU's new Passmore Centre set to boost Southwark apprenticeships
7 February 2018
Peter Tatchell to speak at LSBU Global Panel discussion for LGBT Month
5 February 2018
LSBU University student wins national bursary for engineering talent
29 January 2018
Dynamic partnership with London South Bank University and the V & A proves a hit
24 January 2018
Professor David Nutt: Psychedelics and the 1960s mind
22 January 2018
LSBU hosts first Media Communications and Cultural Studies Association conference
13 January 2018
LSBU supports Southwark Council’s successful bid to regenerate Walworth heritage
12 January 2018