It takes just 10 minutes to walk to the Dante Road complex from our Southwark campus
It's also convenient for the Elephant & Castle Shopping Centre. The nearest underground station is Elephant & Castle (Bakerloo and Northern Lines), an approximate 5-minute walk away.
Take a tour
Take a tour of Dante Road.
This residence has 422 non-smoking rooms for first year undergraduate, returning and postgraduate students. The accommodation is mostly single occupancy flats for between four and six residents. Additionally, there are two 2x bed self-contained flats available. Flats share communal kitchen/dining areas and shower/bathing facilities, with each bedroom having its own hand basin. Basic cleaning equipment, including a vacuum cleaner is provided. Wifi provided throughout, allowing access to the University's intranet and the internet.
Each flat and individual bedroom is fitted with a security lock. There is a central common room with facilities including a free to use pool table, foosball table, PS4, various board games and books. Dante Road also has two laundries (charges apply).
Download photos taken in a student's bedroom and kitchen in the Dante Road Halls of Residence (PDF File 598 KB).
For the 2019/20 academic year the weekly rents are:
|Queen Room||£141.00 (with a queen-size bed)|
Standard Letting Period
40 and 48 weeks
- Accommodation offered to: postgraduates, returning students and first years
- Non-smoking: the building is non-smoking throughout
- Security: Reception is staffed 24/7. Building covered by CCTV.
- Number of rooms: 422 standard rooms
- Total number of flats: 73
- Approximate average room size (Standard Room): average room size 10.6 sq metres
- Provided in bedroom: bed, mattress, wardrobe, desk, desk lamp, chair, bookshelf and paper bin
- Provided in kitchen/diner: fridge/freezer, electric cooker, microwave, lockable cupboards (padlock required), table and chairs, vacuum, mop/bucket, dustpan/brush, broom, ironing board (no iron)
- Heating/Hot Water: provided by electrical water heaters and wall mounted radiators. Costs for both are included within the residence fee
- Car Parking: while limited, parking bays are available with purchase of a permit from reception.
Dante Road Reception
2 Dante Place
Tel: 020 7815 7088
- See our Map and travel instructions
28 August 2019International Conference on Renewable Energy and Vacuum Insulation for Nearly Zero Energy Buildings
28 August 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
5 October 2019University Open Day
7 October 2019School of Business Graduation Ceremony 2019
14 October 2019Graduation Ceremony: School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Applied Sciences; School of Law and Social Sciences
28 October 2019LSBU Graduations 2019: School of the Built Environment; School of Engineering
4 November 2019School of Health and Social Care Graduation Ceremony 2019
9 November 2019University Open Day
27 November 2019Postgraduate Open Evening
Mature students aiming for career change make LSBU first choice in Clearing
15 August 2019
Chiropractic student wins ‘best new delegate’ at World Congress of Chiropractic Students AGM
6 August 2019
Drama graduates perform at Kingston's International Youth Arts Fringe Festival
8 July 2019
Design students win 2019 PVC Redesigned competition
5 July 2019
Bakery students achieve great success at the Alliance of Bakery Students and Trainees Conference 2019
3 July 2019
LSBU first UK university to launch fully chartered town planner apprenticeship scheme
27 June 2019
Engineering the Future: Two teams of LSBU students make it to Design Challenge National Finals
27 June 2019
LSBU celebrates wealth of local business talent at Southwark Business Awards Gala Finale
18 June 2019
Creative Technologies students celebrate work at End of Year Show
14 June 2019