Section Menu


Apply for accommodation when you're offered a place on one of our courses

The process to apply for accommodation at London South Bank University (LSBU) begins once we have offered you a place on one of our academic courses. Then you should apply as soon as possible using our Online Accommodation Application Service. Private accommodation is available as we do not have any on-site accommodation at our Havering campus.

Returning students

Details for returning students wanting to re-apply for their accommodation, can be found on the Returning students page.

Accommodation Service

Our accommodation service can help answer all your application queries. You should contact the Accommodation Service if you'd like to find out more about any of the topics below.

Students studying for one semester
A limited number of places are allocated for students studying at the University for a single semester.
Students with disabilities
The University has a number of bedrooms adapted for students with disabilities. Any student who needs adaptations or adjustments made to their accommodation should contact the Accommodation team. Students with a disability can also contact Disability and Dyslexia Support who provide advice and coordinate reasonable adjustments for you during your studies. If you have a disability (including a Specific Learning Difficulty, physical disability, medical condition, or mental health condition), there may be support we can put in place for you. We can also help you access external funding, such as the Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA). The earlier you let us know, the sooner we can organise support for you. To find out about available support, please contact the DDS team on 020 7815 6454 or email
Private accommodation
If you'd prefer private accommodation the Accommodation Service can provide local letting agent information and a limited list of private accommodation, both available either by mail or email. They also have a host of information and guides to help you look in the private sector.
Couples/families/single parents
The University does not have suitable accommodation on campus for couples or single parents. However, the Accommodation Service can provide private accommodation lists.

Paying to stay in a student residence

Students are expected to pay the first instalment of their residence fees when they arrive at their student accommodation and we make the payment process as easy as possible. You can pay online, via a bank transfer and in person. Find out more about paying residence fee payments in the Accommodation section of MyLSBU, our student portal.

Top of page
Contact information
Top of page