Apply for accommodation when you're offered a place on one of our courses
The process to apply for accommodation at London South Bank University (LSBU) begins once we have offered you a place on one of our academic courses. Then you should apply as soon as possible using our Online Accommodation Application Service. Private accommodation is available as we do not have any on-site accommodation at our Havering campus.
Details for returning students wanting to re-apply for their accommodation, can be found on the Returning students page.
Our accommodation service can help answer all your application queries. You should contact the Accommodation Service if you'd like to find out more about any of the topics below.
- Students studying for one semester
- A limited number of places are allocated for students studying at the University for a single semester.
- Students with disabilities
- The University has a number of bedrooms adapted for students with disabilities. Any student who needs adaptations or adjustments made to their accommodation should contact the Accommodation team. Students with a disability can also contact Disability and Dyslexia Support who provide advice and coordinate reasonable adjustments for you during your studies. If you have a disability (including a Specific Learning Difficulty, physical disability, medical condition, or mental health condition), there may be support we can put in place for you. We can also help you access external funding, such as the Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA). The earlier you let us know, the sooner we can organise support for you. To find out about available support, please contact the DDS team on 020 7815 6454 or email email@example.com
- Private accommodation
- If you'd prefer private accommodation the Accommodation Service can provide local letting agent information and a limited list of private accommodation, both available either by mail or email. They also have a host of information and guides to help you look in the private sector.
- Couples/families/single parents
- The University does not have suitable accommodation on campus for couples or single parents. However, the Accommodation Service can provide private accommodation lists.
Paying to stay in a student residence
Students are expected to pay the first instalment of their residence fees when they arrive at their student accommodation and we make the payment process as easy as possible. You can pay online, via a bank transfer and in person. Find out more about paying residence fee payments in the Accommodation section of MyLSBU, our student portal.
19 June 2018Mechanical Engineering Taster Day
20 June 2018Product of South Bank
21 June 2018Applied Science Experience Day
21 June 2018Product Design Taster Day
22 June 2018The Working-Class Avant-Garde
22 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
22 June 2018Engineering Product Design Taster Day
22 June 2018Mechanical Engineering Taster Day
23 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
23 June 2018University Open Day
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018
Another solid rise for LSBU in league tables
1 June 2018
LSBU wins Partnership of the Year with St Mungo’s at the Student Nursing Times Award 2018
21 May 2018
How black nurses were vital to our health service even before Windrush, a talk by Stephen Bourne
17 May 2018
Remodelling crowd medical services in the English football league, a study by LSBU and Millwall Football Club
4 May 2018
Product Design students deliver creative Airlander concepts
3 May 2018
Enterprising solutions for a low carbon built environment presented at CIBSE conference 2018
25 April 2018
London South Bank University enters top 100 League in Complete Universities Guide
25 April 2018
Parents attend Lambeth Careers Cluster Conference
19 April 2018