Apply for accommodation when you're offered a place on one of our courses
The process to apply for accommodation at London South Bank University (LSBU) begins once we have offered you a place on one of our academic courses. Then you should apply as soon as possible using our Online Accommodation Application Service. Private accommodation is available as we do not have any on-site accommodation at our Havering campus.
Details for returning students wanting to re-apply for their accommodation, can be found on the Returning students page.
Our accommodation service can help answer all your application queries. You should contact the Accommodation Service if you'd like to find out more about any of the topics below.
- Students studying for one semester
- A limited number of places are allocated for students studying at the University for a single semester.
- Students with disabilities
- The University has a number of bedrooms adapted for students with disabilities. Any student who needs adaptations or adjustments made to their accommodation should contact the Accommodation team. Students with a disability can also contact Disability and Dyslexia Support who provide advice and coordinate reasonable adjustments for you during your studies. If you have a disability (including a Specific Learning Difficulty, physical disability, medical condition, or mental health condition), there may be support we can put in place for you. We can also help you access external funding, such as the Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA). The earlier you let us know, the sooner we can organise support for you. To find out about available support, please contact the DDS team on 020 7815 6454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private accommodation
- If you'd prefer private accommodation the Accommodation Service can provide local letting agent information and a limited list of private accommodation, both available either by mail or email. They also have a host of information and guides to help you look in the private sector.
- Couples/families/single parents
- The University does not have suitable accommodation on campus for couples or single parents. However, the Accommodation Service can provide private accommodation lists.
Paying to stay in a student residence
Students are expected to pay the first instalment of their residence fees when they arrive at their student accommodation and we make the payment process as easy as possible. You can pay online, via a bank transfer and in person. Find out more about paying residence fee payments in the Accommodation section of MyLSBU, our student portal.
23 April 2018Health and Social Care Open Day - Havering Campus
24 April 2018Personal Branding by Student Enterprise
24 April 2018Alumni seminars: Integrated care
25 April 2018British Society of Bakers 2018 Spring Conference
25 April 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
26 April 2018Celebrate Enterprise
9 May 2018Postgraduate Open Evening
9 May 2018Professor Robert West: What good is the label 'addiction'?
10 May 2018Before the NHS: Black Nurses in Britain 1881-1948
15 May 2018Alumni seminars: Alternative maternity care
Parents attend Lambeth Careers Cluster Conference
19 April 2018
Global report ranks LSBU’s Clarence Centre in top 20 for business start-ups
11 April 2018
Local schools visit Southwark Careers Fair 2018
3 April 2018
Lambeth College resolves to join the LSBU Family
21 March 2018
180 young people from Lambeth schools and colleges attend Lambeth Apprenticeship conference 2018
14 March 2018
ERDF grants LSBU £1Million to support 80 food SMEs
13 March 2018
Addiction recovery techniques discussed at SMART Recovery conference, hosted by LSBU
13 March 2018
Annual careers evening with the School of Business
12 March 2018
Digital communications with Andrew Mitchell from Brandmovers
9 March 2018