Radio Studio and Control Room
The Radio Studio and Control Room, based at Elephant Studios at LSBU, has sophisticated sound equipment to replicate a real-life broadcaster
Our Radio Studio is ideal to host talks shows and to create podcasts feeding into a Radio control room with a set of mixer decks for five channels of audio playback, live broadcasting tools and on-air indicators.
The Radio Studio is part of Elephant Studios at LSBU – multi-million pound multidisciplinary studio facilities at the forefront of digital technologies and multimedia creative practice.
Equipment and software
- 4-person talk tables
- Cardioid condenser microphones with shockmounts
- Headphone amplifier for presenter
- Guest remote controls
- Live mic cue indicators
- Talkback buttons and headphone volume control
- Pair of active monitor loudspeakers
- Clyde Broadcast telephone balance unit
- Set of mixer desks with five channels of audio playback
- 22" touchscreen with Synergy Professional software suite for system administration for production, scheduling, live assist broadcasting tool and automated broadcasting tool
- Clyde Lumion Mic with live/on air indicators.
Please note, these images are representative of the equipment available. However, the layout and space may be different.
See our student projects for examples of how students have used the facilities of Elephant Studios at LSBU to their advantage.