Undergraduate offer holders
To ensure that we make life as easy as possible, all full-time undergraduate Home/EU students starting in the School of Health and Social Care in September 2018 will receive a number of guaranteed opportunities and free additional products/services.
The School promises...
- iPad mini for undergraduate full-time students on selected courses*.
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certification and Occupational Health Assessments for any student who has to complete a placement.
- For students who have to wear a uniform as part of their placement, these will be provided for the duration of a student’s programme of study.
- Opportunities for all students to be involved in School Committees - being involved in decisions that can shape their programmes of study which enhance CVs.
- BSc (Hons) Sports Rehabilitation students: Register of Exercise Professionals Level 2 and 3, Sports Massage Association Level 4, Immediate Care in Sports Level 2.
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care and BSc (Hons) Chinese Medicine: Acupuncture students: A number of £500 scholarships. Successful students will be notified in Semester 2 of Year 1 of their studies if they have been successful.
Each year we run a series of post-application events tailored to undergraduate students. You can read about them on our subject specific events page.
Most of the events are invitation only. So, to avoid missing out please make sure that we hold your up-to-date email address and telephone number. Read more about updating your contact information.
Prepare to start
In the "Prepare to start" tab on your individual course page, you can find information to help you prepare for your studies, including enrolment, induction and recommended reading. You can find your course according to subject area:
- Adult Nursing and Midwifery
- Allied Health Sciences
- Children's Nursing
- Institute of Vocational Learning
- Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Nursing
- Primary and Social Care
*BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography; BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy; BSc (Hons) Therapeutic Radiography; BSc (Hons) Operating Department Practice; BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy; BSc (Hons) Sports Rehabilitation; BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing; BSc (Hons) Children’s Nursing; BSc (Hons) Learning Disabilities Nursing; BSc (Hons) Mental Health Nursing; BSc (Hons) Midwifery; BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care: Administration and Management.
27 September 2018Dr Rami Ranger CBE Annual Enterprise Lecture
5 November 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Health and Social Care
14 November 2018Showcasing AHP advanced practice and innovation across London
LSBU academic chosen as one of the top figures in NHS history
3 July 2018
Academic wins award for pioneering research on kidney care
29 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018
LSBU wins Partnership of the Year with St Mungo’s at the Student Nursing Times Award 2018
21 May 2018
Remodelling crowd medical services in the English football league, a study by LSBU and Millwall Football Club
4 May 2018
LSBU double alumna appointed first female Bishop of London
20 December 2017
Urgent action required to support healthcare staff
5 December 2017
Thomas’ success proves Asperger’s is no barrier in academia
29 November 2017
Sophie gives back to St Thomas’ after they save her life
23 November 2017