Subject areas and courses
- Adult Nursing and Midwifery
- Our courses provide you with the knowledge and experience needed to embark on a professional healthcare career; the practical and clinical aspects ensure that you are fully equipped with the skills you require.
- Allied Health Sciences
- We are one of the largest providers of clinical education for allied health and related professions in the UK, teaching across six professional discipline areas.
- Children's Nursing
- Within the Department of Advanced and Integrated Practice; our students are placed at world-renowned hospitals in London and the South East, including the Evelina London Children’s Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital.
- Institute of Vocational Learning
- The Institute of Vocational Learning is well known across London for delivering timely, responsive training for both healthcare support workers and bespoke skills training for qualified staff.
- Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Nursing
- Within the Department of Advanced and Integrated Practice, our focus on applied practice gives our students the in-depth experience they need to build careers in a thriving and important profession.
- Primary and Social Care
- Within the Department of Advanced and Integrated Practice, we work closely with service users, our students are able to access a diverse range of placements within primary and community care settings.
Upcoming eventsView all events...
28 February 2019Closet Worker - How LGBT+ rights have shaped the workplace
6 March 2019Casual Misogyny and Sexism - Banter or Oppression?
27 March 2019Non-Medical Prescribing CPD Study Day
Latest newsView all news...
Lord David Blunkett former home secretary awarded honorary doctorate
1 November 2018
LSBU academic chosen as one of the top figures in NHS history
3 July 2018
Academic wins award for pioneering research on kidney care
29 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018
LSBU wins Partnership of the Year with St Mungo’s at the Student Nursing Times Award 2018
21 May 2018
Remodelling crowd medical services in the English football league, a study by LSBU and Millwall Football Club
4 May 2018
LSBU double alumna appointed first female Bishop of London
20 December 2017
Urgent action required to support healthcare staff
5 December 2017
Thomas’ success proves Asperger’s is no barrier in academia
29 November 2017