Subject areas and courses
- Adult Nursing and Midwifery
- Our courses provide you with the knowledge and experience needed to embark on a professional healthcare career; the practical and clinical aspects ensure that you are fully equipped with the skills you require.
- Allied Health Sciences
- We are one of the largest providers of clinical education for allied health and related professions in the UK, teaching across six professional discipline areas.
- Children's Nursing
- Our students are placed at world-renowned hospitals in London and the South East, including the Evelina London Children’s Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital.
- Institute of Vocational Learning
- The Institute of Vocational Learning is well known across London for delivering timely, responsive training for both healthcare support workers and bespoke skills training for qualified staff.
- Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Nursing
- Focus on applied practice gives our students the in-depth experience they need to build careers in a thriving and important profession.
- Primary and Social Care
- Working closely with service users, our students are able to access a diverse range of placements within primary and community care settings.
Upcoming eventsView all events...
27 September 2018Dr Rami Ranger CBE Annual Enterprise Lecture
5 November 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Health and Social Care
14 November 2018Showcasing AHP advanced practice and innovation across London
Latest newsView all news...
LSBU academic chosen as one of the top figures in NHS history
3 July 2018
Academic wins award for pioneering research on kidney care
29 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018
LSBU wins Partnership of the Year with St Mungo’s at the Student Nursing Times Award 2018
21 May 2018
Remodelling crowd medical services in the English football league, a study by LSBU and Millwall Football Club
4 May 2018
LSBU double alumna appointed first female Bishop of London
20 December 2017
Urgent action required to support healthcare staff
5 December 2017
Thomas’ success proves Asperger’s is no barrier in academia
29 November 2017
Sophie gives back to St Thomas’ after they save her life
23 November 2017