Subject areas and courses
- Adult Nursing and Midwifery
- Our courses provide you with the knowledge and experience needed to embark on a professional healthcare career; the practical and clinical aspects ensure that you are fully equipped with the skills you require.
- Allied Health Sciences
- We are one of the largest providers of clinical education for allied health and related professions in the UK, teaching across six professional discipline areas.
- Children's Nursing
- Within the Department of Advanced and Integrated Practice; our students are placed at world-renowned hospitals in London and the South East, including the Evelina London Children’s Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital.
- Institute of Vocational Learning
- The Institute of Vocational Learning is well known across London for delivering timely, responsive training for both healthcare support workers and bespoke skills training for qualified staff.
- Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Nursing
- Within the Department of Advanced and Integrated Practice, our focus on applied practice gives our students the in-depth experience they need to build careers in a thriving and important profession.
- Primary and Social Care
- Within the Department of Advanced and Integrated Practice, we work closely with service users, our students are able to access a diverse range of placements within primary and community care settings.
Upcoming eventsView all events...
4 November 2019School of Health and Social Care Graduation Ceremony 2019
Latest newsView all news...
LSBU’s Professor Alison Leary awarded MBE in Queen's Birthday Honours List 2019
14 June 2019
Associate nursing professor at LSBU awarded place on 70@70 leadership programme
4 June 2019
New study reveals stark gender pay inequality in UK nursing workforce
26 February 2019
Lord David Blunkett former home secretary awarded honorary doctorate
1 November 2018
LSBU academic chosen as one of the top figures in NHS history
3 July 2018
Academic wins award for pioneering research on kidney care
29 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018
LSBU wins Partnership of the Year with St Mungo’s at the Student Nursing Times Award 2018
21 May 2018
Remodelling crowd medical services in the English football league, a study by LSBU and Millwall Football Club
4 May 2018