Subject areas and courses
- Adult Nursing and Midwifery
- Our courses provide you with the knowledge and experience needed to embark on a professional healthcare career; the practical and clinical aspects ensure that you are fully equipped with the skills you require.
- Allied Health Sciences
- We are one of the largest providers of clinical education for allied health and related professions in the UK, teaching across six professional discipline areas.
- Children's Nursing
- Our students are placed at world-renowned hospitals in London and the South East, including the Evelina London Children’s Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital.
- Institute of Vocational Learning
- The Institute of Vocational Learning is well known across London for delivering timely, responsive training for both healthcare support workers and bespoke skills training for qualified staff.
- Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Nursing
- Focus on applied practice gives our students the in-depth experience they need to build careers in a thriving and important profession.
- Primary and Social Care
- Working closely with service users, our students are able to access a diverse range of placements within primary and community care settings.
Latest newsView all news...
LSBU double alumna appointed first female Bishop of London
20 December 2017
Urgent action required to support healthcare staff
5 December 2017
Thomas’ success proves Asperger’s is no barrier in academia
29 November 2017
Sophie gives back to St Thomas’ after they save her life
23 November 2017
LSBU leads by example in tackling sustainability challenges
22 November 2017
Research improves the usability of mobility aids for the elderly
17 November 2017
Mayor of London certifies LSBU a healthy place to work
15 November 2017
Discover the Changing Face of Elephant & Castle at LSBU
14 November 2017
LSBU awards six honorary graduates and fellows
10 November 2017