We aim to support you throughout your undergraduate studies at the School. Our teaching and learning includes:
- placements with major health and social institutions in London and the South East
- seminars, online learning environments and specialist advice sessions
- applied research and vocational workshops
- debates, group work and discussion
- practical application of learning
- mix of assessment methods
At postgraduate level:
- training in research methods and assistance with independent research projects, which can be linked to your interest, professional development and/or employment
- range of assessment methods
- practical application of research to real-world scenarios
- extra clinics offering support outside lecture and tutorial sessions
The School’s links with industry and LSBU’s dedicated Careers Service will help you find work placements and jobs in your field of interest with renowned health organisations, valued social institutions and voluntary organisations. With our central London location many companies’ and organisations’ headquarters are at your doorstep. We are the only university to offer placements with Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Our newly-opened Student Centre at LSBU is a central hub for support and employment information, group study or to meet staff informally. It offers students support in IT, maths and communication skills for academic and professional development. The centre is also home to the Students' Union, café and bar.
LSBU’s Southwark campus is within easy reach by bus, train, London Underground or bicycle. We’re a popular choice for part-time and day release students. Stay in our halls of residence or nearby in private rented accommodation and you'll have the perfect base to explore the city and its many world-renowned attractions.
At LSBU, we provide students and alumni with a supportive environment to learn entrepreneurial skills and gain the confidence to start and grow successful businesses.
Our support includes inspirational talks from visiting entrepreneurs, practical workshops, taster sessions, competitions, enterprise schemes and other special events.
Visit Student Enterprise for more information.
4 November 2019School of Health and Social Care Graduation Ceremony 2019
Chiropractic student wins ‘best new delegate’ at World Congress of Chiropractic Students AGM
6 August 2019
LSBU’s Professor Alison Leary awarded MBE in Queen's Birthday Honours List 2019
14 June 2019
Associate nursing professor at LSBU awarded place on 70@70 leadership programme
4 June 2019
New study reveals stark gender pay inequality in UK nursing workforce
26 February 2019
Lord David Blunkett former home secretary awarded honorary doctorate
1 November 2018
LSBU academic chosen as one of the top figures in NHS history
3 July 2018
Academic wins award for pioneering research on kidney care
29 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018
LSBU wins Partnership of the Year with St Mungo’s at the Student Nursing Times Award 2018
21 May 2018