Our professionally approved courses are essential to allow students to register as a healthcare professional within their chosen career upon successful graduation.
Accrediting professional bodies
- The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) regulates nurses and midwives in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Islands to protect the health of the general public.
- The Health and Care Professions Council. They protect the public by regulating health, psychological and social professionals through setting the standards for their training, professional skills, behaviour and health.
- The Society and College of Radiographers is the only professional body in the representing the whole of the radiographic workforce. They are a trade union and professional body representing the professional, educational, public and workplace interests of its members.
- The College of Occupational Therapists is the professional association for staff in Occupational Therapy. The College sets the professional and educational standards for the occupational therapy profession and represents the profession at national and international levels.
- The British Acupuncture Accreditation Board (BAAB) is the accrediting board for degree level courses in acupuncture. The BAAB fosters and monitors high quality educational standards to assure the general public that all new graduates from BAAB-accredited acupuncture programmes are knowledgeable, reflective, competent and safe practitioners.
- College of Operating Department Practitioners (CODP)
- A member of UNISON, the CODP offers advice and guidance on professional issues for all those working in the field of operating department practice.
Upcoming eventsView all events...
Latest newsView all news...
LSBU double alumna appointed first female Bishop of London
20 December 2017
Urgent action required to support healthcare staff
5 December 2017
Thomas’ success proves Asperger’s is no barrier in academia
29 November 2017
Sophie gives back to St Thomas’ after they save her life
23 November 2017
LSBU leads by example in tackling sustainability challenges
22 November 2017
Research improves the usability of mobility aids for the elderly
17 November 2017
Mayor of London certifies LSBU a healthy place to work
15 November 2017
Discover the Changing Face of Elephant & Castle at LSBU
14 November 2017
LSBU awards six honorary graduates and fellows
10 November 2017