Enterprise and business engagement
We have developed numerous industrial and commercial products and services for some of today’s most exciting engineering and design fields.
We offer expertise in a wide range of engineering subjects, design, computer science, informatics and business development, and our knowledge, expertise and sophisticated facilities support businesses ranging in size from sole traders and SMEs to multi-nationals through KTPs (Knowledge Transfer Partnerships), consultancy, training and mentoring.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
Academic staff members help businesses to improve their competitiveness and productivity through the better use of knowledge, technology and skills. This is often done though Knowledge Transfer Partnerships. Some of our current KTP projects include:
- new product development for improved and more sustainable food storage in the cold chain - with Adande Ltd
- new product design and manufacture of specialist refrigeration equipment for life sciences – with Eppendorf Cryotech Ltd
- a virtualised platform for data acquisition and control – with Firstco
- a unique software solution that converts voice data into a digital, searchable format - with ITech
- high value manufacturing for the next generation of thermal transfer printers – with Open Date Equipment
KTP case study
Faber is now seen as a digital market leader for their ground breaking technology and innovative business model.
Recent projects include:
- Our chemical engineers worked with the Uptown Group to develop technologies that improve the recycling processes that transform used cooking oil into biodiesel.
- Our mechanical engineers then worked with the Uptown Group and investigated the performance of biodiesel fuel in a turbo-charged engine installed as part of a trigeneration (Combined Cooling, Heating and Power) system installed in the PwC headquarters. This helped One Embankment Place to receive the highest environmental award for an office building.
- Greater London Authority (GLA) – our experts in sustainability help to ensure that all new building developments benefit from 20% renewable energy
Training and mentoring
If you are hungry for business success, our specialist staff can also support you on eBusiness and sustainable business growth.
28 February 2019Closet Worker - How LGBT+ rights have shaped the workplace
6 March 2019Casual Misogyny and Sexism - Banter or Oppression?
24 April 2019Two day workshop on sustainable biodiesel production
Branching out: LSBU research fellow tours universities UK-wide to promote The Great Competition
14 January 2019
Engineering students win big at the Engineering Sketches Prize
13 December 2018
Research project at LSBU takes coveted award
13 December 2018
£10,000 win for LSBU student’s water heating solution
14 November 2018
LSBU professor awarded for major engineering management accomplishments
6 November 2018
Calling all Engineers: LSBU’s Thomas Empson urges creative contributions to sustainable development
1 November 2018
Two student teams reach Engineering Design Challenge National Final
9 July 2018
Product Design students deliver creative Airlander concepts
3 May 2018
His Royal Highness The Duke of York officially opens South Bank Engineering University Training College
9 February 2018