Undergraduate offer holders
To ensure that we make life as easy as possible, all full-time undergraduate Home/EU students starting in the School of Business in September 2018, will receive a number of guaranteed opportunities and free additional products/services.
The School promises...
- Professional accreditation across most courses – including ACCA; ICAEW; CIMA; IFA; AAT ;CIPD; CMI; CIM; Prince2; IOEE. Our accreditations truly reflect the quality of our courses and how they’re recognised by industry standards for the 21st century.
- Full access to professional bodies' teaching and supports materials such as the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
- Free language classes to all – pick from Spanish to Italian and even mandarin, a new language will prepare you for the global world of business.
- Business Solutions Centre - Students of LSBU’s School of Business provide consultancy services and support to local businesses. A great learning opportunity to enhance your CV and employability.
- Life Coaching – Mentoring and Coaching is integrated into our teaching, with a common first year module on ‘Concepts of Management’, which looks to at professional development in a business and personal capacity – preparing you for future career success. Our personal mentors are devoted to student happiness and go the extra mile. Why not find out about the Barclays Mentoring Scheme.
- IoD membership (a competitive but development opportunity application process) - LSBU students and the IoD organise a number of development and networking opportunities, along with having a student award available for LSBU students to apply for.
- Internship opportunities in all courses – gain work-based experience to enhance your employability
- Barclays Mentoring Scheme – benefit from senior management one-to-one meetings on an informal basis to support your personal and professional growth in preparation for a successful career.
- NIBS – the Network of International Business Schools Competition is a fantastic opportunity to network with peers, challenge your business acumen, apply your theoretical learning, along with travelling to amazing places. Last year we went to Finland, and in 2018 our team went to Guatemala
- University Business Challenge – Each year we enter a number of teams into the world’s longest standing undergraduate simulation-based competition designed to develop employability and enterprise skills.
- Hackathons – an electrifying event that challenges your presentation, problem-solving and team-working skills in a timed environment to solve a business case problem.
- Leadership Book Club – an informal opportunity to meet friends and peers but to also focus on books that will develop your professional skills and hone your understanding of the business world.
- Research Today! seminars – an event series organised by our director of research, focusing on leading research by our academic team, along with regular guests delivering insight and providing opportunities for stimulating discussions on academic research relevant to our society today.
- Accounting, Finance and Economics students will have access to and training on Bloomberg terminals. Read about how an LSBU student won the Bloomberg investment challenge.
Each year we run a series of post-application events tailored to undergraduate students. You can read about them on our subject events page.
Most of the events are invitation only. So, to avoid missing out please make sure that we hold your up-to-date email address and telephone number. Read more about updating your contact information.
Prepare to start
In the "Prepare to start" tab on your individual course page, you can find information to help you prepare for your studies, including enrolment, induction and recommended reading. You can find your course according to subject area:
LSBU marks National Apprenticeship Week with celebratory event
12 March 2019
LSBU supports Southwark’s Business excellence awards 2019
13 February 2019
LSBU leads south London alliance supporting Mayor's new construction skills academy
13 February 2019
Renowned physicist Brian Cox addresses African knowledge exchange conference at LSBU
21 December 2018
London South Bank University’s new Passmore Centre will drive Apprenticeship delivery in Southwark
28 November 2018
David Longbottom, former LSBU Pro-Chancellor, awarded honorary doctorate
1 November 2018
LSBU students provide solutions for the local business community
14 June 2018
Annual careers evening with the School of Business
12 March 2018
Digital communications with Andrew Mitchell from Brandmovers
9 March 2018