Pursuits include auditing, business environment, economics, governance, HR, marketing, organisational culture, management, policy, social enterprise and strategy. Our research informs our teaching and strengthens our programmes.
We invest in research which is both academic and applied. Working closely with the University’s Enterprise Centre means our experts see the real world impact of their research on our local economy and society. Furthermore, academics enjoy a track record of working with businesses, public sector organisations, charities and policy makers to transfer knowledge and innovate.
Research Centre and Groups
The School pursues research through the following Research Centre and Groups:
- Digital economy
- Entrepreneurial skills development and experiential learning
- Business ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Intercultural management
- Economic and financial modelling
We offer opportunities for full- and part-time doctoral research leading to MPhil, PhD or DBA qualifications. LSBU is proud to foster a stimulating research community combined with practical methodological training. Find out more about applying for a place on our programmes.
Dr Janet Lakareber has developed a framework to help prevent skills, knowledge and language being lost between generations.
Dr Karin Moser brings together knowledge of computer science and psychology to research what makes employees share or withhold knowledge.
Dr Charles Graham and a team of LSBU's business students have been examining the economic health of Southwark’s high streets with surprising results.
Research community brochure
Download our research community brochure.
The 2014/15 academic year was an extremely busy one for research at LSBU. Download our brochure to get a full picture of research activities across the year, including PhD projects conducted across all academic Schools.
Our Research brochure
Download our Our Research
A number of research initiatives were undertaken in the 2016/17 academic year. Download our brochure for an overview of our research activity for all academic Schools.
- Prof. Karin S Moser, PhD, SFHEA, FCMI, Director of Research and Enterprise, Professor of Organisational Behaviour.
- A social and organisational psychologist by background, Dr Karin Moser's expertise is in the areas of team work, information-sharing and knowledge management, self and identity, and virtual collaboration and communication. You can email her at email@example.com or phone her at 020 7815 7701.
- Dr Dag Bennett, Lead for Postgraduate Research Students (PGR) in the School of Business, Associate Professor in Marketing, Ehrenberg Centre for Research in Marketing;
- Dr. Dag Bennett is an associate professor in marketing, with interests in behavioural brand loyalty, market structure modelling, and marketing in emerging markets. You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone him at 020 7815 6997.
29 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Business
8 November 2018'ResearchToday!' Curiosity in the experiential consumption of the unknown
14 November 2018Autistic Entrepreneurs: Research and Practice Today
14 November 2018CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
15 November 2018'ResearchToday!' Changing the Rules: A two round election study
22 November 2018'ResearchToday!' A Relational Perspective to Burnout in the Work Place
28 November 2018The Dark Side of Accountancy: Ethical dilemmas and sustainability challenges
29 November 2018'ResearchToday!' The Upcycling Movement: Pursuing Hedonistic Sustainability
6 December 2018'ResearchToday!' How SMEs Perceive and Define Environmental Munificence in the Context of Internationalisation?
12 December 2018CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
LSBU students provide solutions for the local business community
14 June 2018
Annual careers evening with the School of Business
12 March 2018
Digital communications with Andrew Mitchell from Brandmovers
9 March 2018
LSBU wins Accountancy College of the Year for second year running
21 February 2018
LSBU is open for business to train apprentices from non-levy paying employers
4 January 2018
LSBU announces new partnership with Brandmovers Inc
30 November 2017
Thomas’ success proves Asperger’s is no barrier in academia
29 November 2017
Dr Charles Graham discusses brand loyalty at IPM event
29 November 2017
The CIM/LSBU Marketing Club Launch
28 November 2017