Pursuits include auditing, business environment, economics, governance, HR, marketing, organisational culture, management, policy, social enterprise and strategy. Our research informs our teaching and strengthens our programmes.
We invest in research which is both academic and applied. Working closely with the University’s Enterprise Centre means our experts see the real world impact of their research on our local economy and society. Furthermore, academics enjoy a track record of working with businesses, public sector organisations, charities and policy makers to transfer knowledge and innovate.
Members of the London Centre for Business and Entrepreneurship Research
Research Centre and Groups
The School pursues research through the following Research Centre and Groups:
- Digital economy
- Entrepreneurial skills development and experiential learning
- Business ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Intercultural management
- Economic and financial modelling
We offer opportunities for full- and part-time doctoral research leading to MPhil, PhD or DBA qualifications. LSBU is proud to foster a stimulating research community combined with practical methodological training. Find out more about applying for a place on our programmes, including studentships.
- Prof. Karin S Moser, PhD, SFHEA, FCMI, Director of Research and Enterprise, Professor of Organisational Behaviour.
- A social and organisational psychologist by background, Dr Karin Moser's expertise is in the areas of team work, information-sharing and knowledge management, self and identity, and virtual collaboration and communication. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone her at 020 7815 7701.
- Dr Barbara Czarnecka, Associate Professor of Marketing, PGR Lead at London South Bank University’s Business School
- Dr Czarnecka is the PGR lead in the School of Business, all enquiries in relation to PhD applications in the School should be sent to her via email at email@example.com. Dr Czarnecka’s interests focus on three main areas: 1) how to influence people to change their behaviour; 2) global consumer culture; and 3) the behaviour of international organisations and how they influence and interact with culture, governments and individuals.
Dr Janet Lakareber has developed a framework to help prevent skills, knowledge and language being lost between generations.
Dr Karin Moser brings together knowledge of computer science and psychology to research what makes employees share or withhold knowledge.
Dr Charles Graham and a team of LSBU's business students have been examining the economic health of Southwark’s high streets with surprising results.
Research community brochure
Download our research community brochure
Download our community brochure to find out about our researchers and their individual work, including PhD projects conducted across all academic Schools.
Our Research brochure
28 August 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
7 October 2019School of Business Graduation Ceremony 2019
28 October 2019LSBU Graduations 2019: School of the Built Environment; School of Engineering
LSBU celebrates wealth of local business talent at Southwark Business Awards Gala Finale
18 June 2019
London South Bank University supports MillionPlus #ThinkModern campaign
14 May 2019
LSBU chancellor co-hosts local business gathering with Southwark Chamber of Commerce
10 May 2019
Students take on the EPIIC Bag Challenge
23 April 2019
LSBU Bus Venture Crawl 2019
28 March 2019
Dr Charles Graham visits Landor - the leading global brand consultancy
26 March 2019
LSBU marks National Apprenticeship Week with celebratory event
12 March 2019
LSBU supports Southwark’s Business excellence awards 2019
13 February 2019
LSBU leads south London alliance supporting Mayor's new construction skills academy
13 February 2019