Pursuits include auditing, business environment, economics, governance, HR, marketing, organisational culture, management, policy, social enterprise and strategy. Our research informs our teaching and strengthens our programmes.
We invest in research which is both academic and applied. Working closely with the University’s Enterprise Centre means our experts see the real world impact of their research on our local economy and society. Furthermore, academics enjoy a track record of working with businesses, public sector organisations, charities and policy makers to transfer knowledge and innovate.
Research Centre and Groups
The School pursues research through the following Research Centre and Groups:
- Digital economy
- Entrepreneurial skills development and experiential learning
- Business ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Intercultural management
- Economic and financial modelling
We offer opportunities for full- and part-time doctoral research leading to MPhil, PhD or DBA qualifications. LSBU is proud to foster a stimulating research community combined with practical methodological training. Find out more about applying for a place on our programmes.
Dr Janet Lakareber has developed a framework to help prevent skills, knowledge and language being lost between generations.
Dr Karin Moser brings together knowledge of computer science and psychology to research what makes employees share or withhold knowledge.
Dr Charles Graham and a team of LSBU's business students have been examining the economic health of Southwark’s high streets with surprising results.
Research community brochure
Download our research community brochure.
The 2014/15 academic year was an extremely busy one for research at LSBU. Download our brochure to get a full picture of research activities across the year, including PhD projects conducted across all academic Schools.
Our Research brochure
Download our Our Research
A number of research initiatives were undertaken in the 2016/17 academic year. Download our brochure for an overview of our research activity for all academic Schools.
- Prof. Karin S Moser, PhD, SFHEA, FCMI, Director of Research and Enterprise, Professor of Organisational Behaviour.
- A social and organisational psychologist by background, Dr Karin Moser's expertise is in the areas of team work, information-sharing and knowledge management, self and identity, and virtual collaboration and communication. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone her at 020 7815 7701.
- Dr Dag Bennett, Lead for Postgraduate Research Students (PGR) in the School of Business, Associate Professor in Marketing, Ehrenberg Centre for Research in Marketing;
- Dr. Dag Bennett is an associate professor in marketing, with interests in behavioural brand loyalty, market structure modelling, and marketing in emerging markets. You can email him at email@example.com or phone him at 020 7815 6997.
22 February 2018Research today: Atta Muhammad discusses corporate disclosure by banks
1 March 2018Research today: Dr John Opute discusses collective bargaining in Nigeria
7 March 2018Can we break down barriers in sport?
8 March 2018Research today: writing workshop for staff and PhD students
15 March 2018Research today: Prof Marcel Ausloos discusses best investment strategies for SMEs
22 March 2018Research today: Cherry Cheung discusses the development of social ventures
LSBU is open for business to train apprentices from non-levy paying employers
4 January 2018
LSBU announces new partnership with Brandmovers Inc
30 November 2017
Thomas’ success proves Asperger’s is no barrier in academia
29 November 2017
Dr Charles Graham discusses brand loyalty at IPM event
29 November 2017
The CIM/LSBU Marketing Club Launch
28 November 2017
The Future of Accountancy: Success in a changing world
27 November 2017
Links with accredited bodies in the School of Business continues to flourish
27 November 2017
LSBU leads by example in tackling sustainability challenges
22 November 2017
Mayor of London certifies LSBU a healthy place to work
15 November 2017