We aim to support you throughout your undergraduate studies at the School. Our teaching and learning includes:
- personal tutoring
- tutor guidance as you plan your career, and advice on work experience
- seminars, online learning environments and specialist advice sessions
- innovative teaching methods aimed at providing an outstanding educational experience
- opportunities to apply your knowledge through practical assessments, independent research projects and optional work placements
At postgraduate level:
- working alongside world-leading academic experts to develop your knowledge and skills within a number of applied domains of research
- training in research methods and assistance with independent research projects, which can be linked to your interest, professional development and/or employment
- strong focus on professional work placements to develop your ability to transfer knowledge in to practice
The School’s links with industry and LSBU’s dedicated Careers Service will help you find work placements and jobs in your field of interest with top blue chip companies and valued public and voluntary organisations. With our central London location many companies’ and organisations’ headquarters are at your doorstep.
Our Student Centre at LSBU is a central hub for support and employment information, group study or to meet staff informally. It offers students support in IT, maths and communication skills for academic and professional development. The centre is also home to the Students' Union, café and bar.
LSBU’s Southwark campus is within easy reach by bus, train, London Underground or bicycle. We’re a popular choice for part-time and day release students. Stay in our halls of residence or nearby in private rented accommodation and you'll have the perfect base to explore the city and its many world-renowned attractions.
At LSBU, we provide students and alumni with a supportive environment to learn entrepreneurial skills and gain the confidence to start and grow successful businesses.
Our support includes inspirational talks from visiting entrepreneurs, practical workshops, taster sessions, competitions, enterprise schemes and other special events.
Visit our student life pages for more information.
31 January 2019'Can FMCG brands disrupt market equilibrium by delivering new category users?
6 February 2019Special Olympics: A 50 Year Celebration
7 February 2019The value of information in a knowledge based and digital economy
8 February 2019Beyond the Console: Gender and Narrative Games - Day One
9 February 2019Beyond the Console: Gender and Narrative Games - Day Two
14 February 2019Education Across the Divide Conference 2019: Creative and Innovative Approaches to Inclusive Education
14 February 2019Barriers against effective responses to early warning signs in projects
28 February 2019Development of indicators of absorptive capacity at micro and macro levels
9 March 2019University Open Day
14 March 2019Dark social: The biggest missed opportunity in marketing
LSBU chocolatier Barry Johnson to represent UK in world's biggest chocolate contest
24 October 2018
Ex-smokers might be better off with high rather than low nicotine e-cigs
18 June 2018
Addiction recovery techniques discussed at SMART Recovery conference, hosted by LSBU
13 March 2018
Can we break down barriers in sport? Lively panel debates issues at LSBU
8 March 2018
Professor David Nutt: Psychedelics and the 1960s mind
22 January 2018
Thomas’ success proves Asperger’s is no barrier in academia
29 November 2017
LSBU leads by example in tackling sustainability challenges
22 November 2017
Mayor of London certifies LSBU a healthy place to work
15 November 2017
Discover the Changing Face of Elephant & Castle at LSBU
14 November 2017